Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

JackFetch

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Affleck's Bruce Wayne in that dancing pic reminds me a bit of Baldwin from the Shadow. I'll say him in the regular cowl looks a little goofy. The cowl is really thick, a lot like Keaton's very first costume. Its not a dealbreaker though, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Gal Gadot looks great as Diana, but I will admit not as much as Wonder Woman. I'm still holding out hope, but the fact is that she really needed more time to bulk up for the role. At least in a Lucy Lawless type of physique.

• 2 weeks later...

Now THIS I like. This looks awesome. It's basically what I figured the movie would be when they announced it: Batman is the vengeful misguided antagonist, and Superman is basically just standing his ground and doing whatever he can to help, regardless of what anyone else thinks. Lex is a scheming manipulator. No idea what Wonder Woman is doing in there but okay.

I'm kinda psyched now.

I love that Batman has a motivation for attacking Superman other than "Superman is dumb and wrong." It's been a good while since we've seen Batman have to deal with something this personal.

I also like the side character bits: Alfred outright telling Bruce he's wrong, Perry White calling out Clark for his journalism war on Batman, Ma Kent being a good mom, etc.

The trailer clinched that this is obviously WB's seized chance to do Dark Knight Returns on film. Everything from the glass case to the origin flashback where Bruce and Jeffery Dean Wayne looked just like they did in Dark Knight Returns makes it clear, now more than ever.

It looks good.

But there's this little voice in the back of my head going 'Yeah but so did the Man of Steel trailer."

Yeah, but Man of Steel was good. Not the best CBM ever, but certainly good.

Loved that trailer btw.

It was OK, but it wasn't a Superman film. It was just some bloke with the same name and powers.

The trailer clinched that this is obviously WB's seized chance to do Dark Knight Returns on film. Everything from the glass case to the origin flashback where Bruce and Jeffery Dean Wayne looked just like they did in Dark Knight Returns makes it clear, now more than ever.

bvs-dark-knight-returns-143737.jpg

Also the coolest scene in the trailer.