Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

JackFetch

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing I know I'm not crazy about is having someone who's almost 30 playing Robin...again. I know the complaints against child endangerment and jokes about ephebophilia are knee-jerk when it comes to Batman and Robin, but seriously...and older Robin who's basically an adult always kills the enjoyment factor of the characters for me. It makes Robin lamer in some ways. Who exactly is a bigger fan of the Robin of Earth-2 over the classic teenage version?

I just don't think a teenage Robin would fit in this conception of the DC Universe.

Which is one of the reasons I wasn't super-fond of the Nolan Batman movies' take on the universe, and I'm not super-fond of this one. This at least has superheroes being superheroes in it, which is great, but still. Why can't we have fun things? Marvel is running around with Rocket Raccoon and DC isn't even willing to use the primary version of Robin, their third most popular character.

http://www.comicscube.com/2010/05/clearing-up-misconception-about-frank.html

"The most questionable thing I did was make Superman a government agent. If this had been a Superman story, I'd never have done that - and I know that, because I have a Superman story I want to tell someday. In this story, Batman was the hero, so the world was built around him."

Take that for what you will.

The only people who give a crap about Dick are the editors at DC, he's never exactly been a best seller outside of his run as Batman.

Anyone who wants to contradict me on that must first present their complete runs of nightwing trades and recap what's happening in Grayson right now.

They should really just put him back in a team book, it's where he thrives. Recreate the Titans or Outsiders, something like that. Were there Titans in the New 52?

They should really just put him back in a team book, it's where he thrives. Recreate the Titans or Outsiders, something like that. Were there Titans in the New 52?

It was referenced early on that Dick, Starfire, and Garfield were all on a team together at some point (Cyborg might have been mentioned as well), and that Dick and Starfire were an item at one point, but that's about it.

The only people who give a crap about Dick are the editors at DC, he's never exactly been a best seller outside of his run as Batman.

Anyone who wants to contradict me on that must first present their complete runs of nightwing trades and recap what's happening in Grayson right now.

Umm...

Are you implying that he's not popular now, or ever? In any case, I'd be inclined to intensely disagree.

Yeah, but he was amazing as Batman. He should still be Batman.

Always be Batman.

Are you implying that he's not popular now, or ever? In any case, I'd be inclined to intensely disagree.

As a Titan, Dick was insanely popular. As a solo hero he's historically not worked nearly as well. Leading a team is the best possible use of Dick Grayson.

Ultimately Dick is a people person. Putting him on his own isn't all that interesting because that's not where he makes sense. Realistically, he's the kind of guy that would always want friends and allies around him anyway. Whether it's the bat-family or the Titans, he should be in a team book of some sort.

I'm trying to remember; has there ever been a modern bat-family book, or has DC just always put the bat-family in all the other solo books? I guess Batman and Robin is the closest thing to one; a book like that but with the whole family would rule.