Every film you've watched in 2014

Koete

Christmas with the Kranks: an insane nightmare world where people actually care a lot about whether or not their neighbors celebrate Christmas. Tim Allen is the Gavrilo Princip of the War on Christmas. I kept hoping Michael Myers would show up and gut everyone, especially Dan Akroyd, but, alas, wrong holiday.

3 or 4 Harry Potter movies. I don't know which titles (one of them had Edward from Twilight in it) because they're all so non-descript. Pretty generic stuff. I'll only count three, but I'm pretty sure I saw four of them.

Nightbreed The Director's Cut: upcoming DM

Feature Films: 156

Documentaries: 23
Shorts: 20
Rewatches: 5

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox- Can't help but be reminded how good this movie is. Good voice-acting, smart storytelling and beautiful animation (for the most part). Relentlessly violent. The origin of Batman flashback (keeping it vague for spoilers) is creepy enough to make Davin close his eyes and ask "is it over yet?"

Feature Films: 157

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths: this is probably the best of the entire run of DC Animated films thus far, which is saying a lot. The stakes are the biggest they could possibly be. The writing is sharp. The action is amazing. It has the appeal of showing the dark mirror to the world we know. It has James Woods and Gina Torres in what I think is the best two voice acting performances ever. Owlman is the greatest example of nihilism on film. The battle between Wonder Woman and Superwoman is short but if the live action version is 1/10th that good, it'll be the best live action superhero movie ever. I have no real negative criticisms.

Feature Films: 158

Glitter: A mess of a movie with little to no redeemable value.

Santa Claus: Still my favorite fucking insane Santa Claus movie. Like really, just pure batshit insanity! I love it. So much!

Films: 75
Documentaries: 2
Direct to DVD Films: 6
Short Films: 1
Rifftrax/MST3k Assisted Films: 13
Rewatch: 2

Sorry Des, outside of James Wood I thought Crisis on Two Earths was pretty by the numbers.

This, yes. I actually wish they had just gone ahead and done it as a continuation of the DCAU Justice League, rather than tweak a script which was obviously written for the DCAU JL. Then it at least might have been interesting, by virtue of being part of a grander story.

The score was pretty epic though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaBtQ-wKZjE

Shock Waves: the granddaddy of Nazi Zombie movies.

Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats: new stand-up special from one of my favorite comedians. Pretty damned funny. Interesting and funny chances taken for visual gags the audience did not see.

Feature Films: 159

Documentaries: 24

I liked the Chelsea Peretti show as well, the creative little asides with a version of her offstage begging herself not to prostitute her life and stories were something I've not seen in standup before. Not funny per se, but really set the mood for something a little different.

I liked the Chelsea Peretti show as well, the creative little asides with a version of her offstage begging herself not to prostitute her life and stories were something I've not seen in standup before. Not funny per se, but really set the mood for something a little different.

Yeah, it's pretty great considering the conceit of the special is that she believes outwardly that she is One of the Greats when the entire time she's basically shitting on herself but not in her comedy. She mentions that she can't stand it when women hate themselves, but then has herself in a clown suit mocking herself, her childhood self telling her she is not being genuine, putting the audience to sleep, etcetera. Love it.

Detention: One of the worst movies I have seen in a very long time. Who recommended this to me? Chris? Goddammit, Chris! This movie's terrible.

Feature Films: 160

Documentaries: 24

Patton Oswalt: My Weakness is Strong-Oswalt is an odd duck for me. Ever since his second hour, he hasn't been as funny to me. But, half of his set kills. The other half doesn't crack a smile. He literally feels half overtrying. I kind of wish he would space his specials out a little more. This one is from 2009 and contains several jokes from a previous album! Crazy. I just watched this because I thought I fixed my Wii and wanted to see if Netflix worked again. It did. I watched the whole thing.

Feature Films: 160

Documentaries: 25

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths: this is probably the best of the entire run of DC Animated films thus far, which is saying a lot. The stakes are the biggest they could possibly be. The writing is sharp. The action is amazing. It has the appeal of showing the dark mirror to the world we know. It has James Woods and Gina Torres in what I think is the best two voice acting performances ever. Owlman is the greatest example of nihilism on film. The battle between Wonder Woman and Superwoman is short but if the live action version is 1/10th that good, it'll be the best live action superhero movie ever. I have no real negative criticisms.

I'm with you on that, I think Crisis on Two Earths is amazing. It's basically a really well done Justice League episode, which is no small praise. I loved the fight scenes, it had interesting subplots and the character of Owlman alone was just amazing. This is when the DC DTVs got good for me, after being fairly blah for a while after New Frontier and Wonder Woman.

Saw Viva Las Vegas the other night after work. Thought Ann Margret completely stole the show. She was funny, gorgeous, and as shown in the film could dance way better than Elvis.