The Flash

KnightWing

Also, I'm going to have to start watching this at night so I can take a shot every time someone says "impossible".

Too fucking true.

I really like this episode actually. If nothing else, more often than not each episode tests Barry's abilities to their logical extent, and we learn more about him. Don't know much about Girder, but I like knowing how soon Barry can heal, seeing him learn a Mach1 punch and etc. I love the development between him and Iris, as it's not moving at a snail's pace like Smallville. This is a consistently fun-ass show.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, I like them continually advancing Barry's abilities as well. And it's great that he's The Flash after six episodes rather then ten seasons. I think what brought this one down for me was the childhood bully angle. I'm fine with a little corniness, but that was a bit much. Although there was a moment where I didn't hate Cisco, so maybe it was a better episode than I gave it credit for.

Another superhero cliche down, this time the loss of powers. It could be just because this is the first season of a superhero show or it could be because they've really mapped out the bigger picture and want to get to it, we'll see.

I did like the approach to Barry losing his powers. As opposed to Smallville where Clark was glad to lose his powers because they brought him closer to humans, Barry loves being The Flash and feels incomplete without them.

Again though, the killing of the villains (two!) is ludicrous. I hope an interviewer asks them about that because I don't get it.

Robert Knepper is a great Earth-2 John Glover and supervillain. I hope they bring him back. Good bit for Iris in taking him out and getting over depending on The Flash to always be there.

Jesse Martin tossing the mug and Eddie Thawne high as hell were great. It looks like Eddie isn't the Reverse-Flash, as he would have healed and painkillers wouldn't affect him. Of course, his powers could operate differently.

Wells is pretty Hunter Zoloman-ish in this episode.

I'm wondering now if Wells might not be

from the future, but rather just have a way to look into the future.

Man, it's so great that this show is legitimately keeping us guessing. We already know Reverse Flash's story from the comics but we still don't know exactly what's going on here.

The way Barry treated both Girder and Blackout was really cool. Treating them like people that need help and compassion, not enemies that need punishment.

My favourite moment? The list of names Wells gives as people killed in the accident (bet anything they aren't dead). Ralph Dibny (Elongated Man), Bea Dacosta (Fire), Al Rothstein (Atom Smasher), Grant Emerson (Damage), Ronnie Raymond (Firestorm), Will Everett (Amazing Man- had to look that one up). Nice 50/50 split on the JLI/JSA names there, hoping they get into both a little bit.

I've never seen an episode of Arrow, but I really liked Stephen Amell. His Christian Bale Batman impression needs work, but as Oliver he was great.

I'm surprised that, with all the science nerds in this episode, they resisted making a Roy G. Biv joke.

The training session was a fun character scene and the eventual fight really showcased the strengths of both heroes. Skipping over them catching Rainbow Raider was cheap though.

Wells' smug grin after he dropped Oliver's name might have been the moment of the episode.

Plus, a Cisco moment written by Knightwing!

A bit late to show here but I've been loving Flash!

THIS, is like a perfect balance for a superhero show. I love that they've played up Barry enjoying that he has powers. I also like how he's motivated to do the right thing with his powers. Sure he wants to get his Dad out of jail, but Barry also naturally wants to help people. Call me old fashioned but that's what I like to see in my heroes.

Generally I've found something to like in every episode. I can't really pick a bad one, just there's something that makes me smile for all of them so far. As it was said by many others, THIS IS A FUN SHOW. Also I love that they have Jessie Martian for the show. He does such a great job. I dig the supporting cast too. Knightwing can add me to the "I Like Cisco" club. I get why he would annoy people but to me I like how he just finds all of this awesome. Plus I do like a few of his one liners such as the recent, "Screw you Captain Boomerang."

Wells is also a real intriguing character. I want to say he's Reverse Flash but that just seems a little too obvious, but who knows. He's got a nice mystery around him that makes watching the last few scenes of each episode always exciting or intriguing. Will be very interesting to see where he goes with his character.

I think the Flash-Arrow crossover was a great success. There was a nice composite of the Batman-Superman dynamic with Ollie and Barry. I liked that they didn't go out of there way to make either character more wrong or more right than the other. Barry does need to realize that he can't luck out on everything, Ollie needs to remember his humanity. I also think the crossover was good as it now has me wanting to go watch Arrow. I liked what I saw there and now am interested in checking it out.

Next week's episode looks like we'll get some great stuff for the mid-season break.