The Flash

KnightWing

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Another great episode, with more awesome scenes between Barry and Joe.

I think Wentworth Miller has found the perfect way to portray a comic book supervillain. He's clearly having the time of his life chewing the scenery, but his character also clearly loves what he does. When he throws out cheesy one-liners, it's not because the writing is bad and the characters are mindlessly spouting dialogue no one in real life would say. Captain Cold clearly went into the situation thinking to himself "I'm gonna say this", because he's gleefully arrogant and thinks he's awesome. It's so much fun and strays far away from being embarrassing.

I loved last night's episode. Wentworth Miller is such a great supervillain and I like the little touches with Dr. Wells after the reveal in the last episode. For an unhinged POLAR opposite to Cold, I thought Dominic Purcell worked well too. The Barry and Joe relationship is one of the best in superhero media. And with that fight at the end, they're again changing the status quo. I'm still waiting for them to screw up and put Barry and Iris together, but until then, this show is doing everything right.

THE MAN WILL NEVER STOP!!!

Seriously, you know in the long run his character's not long for the grave, but when that time comes (Perhaps in the Flash's 100th episode where Barry trades his life for Iris' in an alternate reality), I'll have to take a hard look at myself and convince myself that I want to continue watching.

The episode was decent. I really, really liked Pied Piper, as well as the Norman Osbornish flashbacks with Wells. It wasn't a bad episode, but not as engaging as most of the others. I think it's because Barry took a backseat for the first time in forever, if ever. He was really a supporting character in his own show. I hope Pied Piper becomes recurring foe like Captain Cold, because the actor was great.

Last night's episode was an odd one. There was advancement of the Firestorm plotline, a new villain, a new supporting cast member, and development of Barry's superhero story has a whole, but it wasn't particularly engaging. I did like the Barry/Caitlin stuff, because I think those two actors have a good friend chemistry. And the stinger was great.

I thought it was a very cool, almost "day in the life" episode. A lot of things were happening, and I liked all of the developments. I'm still not keen on shipping Linda Park with Barry Allen because...it's wrong, but I guess they took that sexy scene out that was in the previews.