Every Film You've Watched in 2015

dc20willsave

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember having an argument with a random person online who insisted that if matte lines weren't visible around the snowspeeders in The Empire Strikes Back, it was an objectively bad movie that needed to be burned. He also insisted that Lak Sivrak was one of the great losses of the original cut of ANH, and I had to google who Lak Sivrak was. And to make me need to google anything about Star Wars is a pretty incredible level of... well, I'm a fanatic, so whatever's above that.

I'm still digesting Fury Road, but my FUCKING GOD~! it was loud. Not to be "Old Man Sims," but I nearly left 35 minutes in because my ears were hurting that much. The only reason I stayed was because I had heard so many good things. That said, I held my ears closed for most of it.

Ouch. Our theatre, if anything, had a low resonance quality to the sound if anything. I once sat high up on the back right of the theatre during The Dark Knight and basically ONLY head the right channel VERY loud.

DER SAMURAI: What a weird little German movie.

Feature Films: 68

Documentaries: 3

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: This was a hell of a lot of fun. Great action, decent comedy and a pretty solid script. In fact, it's a better story than most of the first Marvel hero movies. It's amazing how good an origin story can be if you don't spend the first act (at least) telling the origin and instead just drop it near the end of the second act. Does wonders for the pacing of a story. I am looking forward to seeing a sequel. My kids adored it.

Agreed 100%. This was so much fucking fun! It was a wonderfully enjoyable, hilarious movie which nailed every single character perfectly. This has officially been added to the "If I Have a Kid, I'll Show Her / Him this Movie" list.

The Truman Show - I don't think I have ever had a movie pop up in more random places before in my life. Over like a ten day span I've heard it talked about on at least three podcasts, show up in a random youtube videos and even an old sitcom. So I watched it.

What surprised me is the fact I remembered most (95%) of the film. For something I watch once on VHS when I was under 15, I don't understand why I remembered this so clearly. And I don't even know if I like it. Yet it stuck with me for some unknown reason. And that is bugging me.