Every Film You've Watched in 2015

dc20willsave

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ant-Man: Finally watched this (though stupidly with one child so the other one now demands to see it next week) and it was pretty good. Definitely on the higher end of Marvel's mid-level stuff. It's no Cap 2 or GOTG but it's better than just about everything else, I think. Without the Michael Pena, the movie would have fallen to shit, though. I'll say that. It's not a good sign when it's one character that pushes the movie into watchable. I liked Pym a little and Hope was alright. Just thin as fuck. Stoll didn't solidify himself as a decent villain, so Marvel still has that issue. Rudd gets by on charisma alone, so it's a good thing that he's got a lot of it. I loved the Falcon fight because it is one of the few things in the Marvel movies that actually feels like it was a comic book. I certainly wouldn't be watching it ever again if it was up to me.

Feature Films: 124

Documentaries: 7

Short films: 1

The Treatment: another Belgian film. This time an adaptation of Mo Hayder's novel of the same name. This is a crime film in the vein of Insomnia, Prisoners and Mystic River. It also has an element of I Saw The Devil. It's fucking super-grim, but I'm not sure I'll see a better film this year. Chris, you need to check this out.

Feature Films: 126

Rewatches: 1

Evangelion 1.11: Stand by what I said at the beginning of the year. Still pretty freaking decent.

Wet Hot American Summer: One of my favorite comedies. I need to get around to watching the Netflix series but, for right now, I just like appreciating how good this thing is.

The Addams Family: I've seen the sequel more times than the first one. It's definitely a good film still but it does suffer from some problems, namely some villains that weren't totally necessary for the plot but still a good film.

Feature Films: 62

Direct to DVD: 2

Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 4

Riff-Trax Assisted: 11

The Treatment: another Belgian film. This time an adaptation of Mo Hayder's novel of the same name. This is a crime film in the vein of Insomnia, Prisoners and Mystic River. It also has an element of I Saw The Devil. It's fucking super-grim, but I'm not sure I'll see a better film this year. Chris, you need to check this out.

Noted.

The Descendants: surprise! It's not very good. It's a billion dollar idea, though, and I'm surprised that Disney didn't opt for a TV show rather than a TV movie. High School Musical in the Disney Universe seems like an easy sell. Kristin Chenowith is pretty great as Maleficent. That's all I got.

It Follows: It also lives up to the hype.

Feature Films: 128

Ace Ventura-Pet Detective: Dated a little poorly but still pretty fucking funny at moments. Davin fucking loved it. The Finkle/Einhorn thing blew his fucking mind. Like, Darth being Luke's dad mind-bending. Awesome.

Lost After Dark: soon to be released 80s slasher homage.

Feature Films: 130

Ace Ventura-Pet Detective: Dated a little poorly but still pretty fucking funny at moments. Davin fucking loved it. The Finkle/Einhorn thing blew his fucking mind. Like, Darth being Luke's dad mind-bending. Awesome.

For some reason, a new generation being exposed to, and enjoying, Ace Ventura makes me happy.

Lost After Dark: soon to be released 80s slasher homage.

Is it better than Scream Park?

What film could possibly be better than Scream Park?

For some reason, a new generation being exposed to, and enjoying, Ace Ventura makes me happy.

I did it on a Hail Mary...and tonight...

Ace Ventura-When Nature Calls: hoo boy...steep step down on this one. Davin still laughed his ass off.

Feature Films: 131

Dumb & Dumber: Still holds up. Obviously. Forgot Teri Garr was in this. She's in two of the funniest movies ever made. My kids lost their shit watching this. Jeff Daniels gives a bravura performance overshadowed by the star-power of Carrey but the film does not in any way work without him. Lauren Holly was a stone cold fox. Love this movie.

Straight Outta Compton: Wow. Has a lot of the problems music bios all have. But, I have to say that this one is tenser, more bombastic and is as important a film as Selma. This movie was perfect for right now. Feels like Eazy E was thrown under the bus a little bit. They dedicate the film to him and his widow is an Exec Producer (with Dre and Cube) but it does feel a little bit like "pick on the dead guy." Giamatti is incredible as Jerry Haller and O'Shea Jackson Jr. (Ice Cube's son) is fucking great as Ice Cube. This is easily one of the best movies of the year.

Feature Films: 133

Rewatches: 2

True Lies - I know that I have watched this before, and I remembered surprisingly a lot. What struck me on this viewing is the length. The middle 40 minutes (which focus on Curtis) are rather disjointed from the plot. Kinda felt like I started the movie, flipped to the tv and watched an episode of something while making dinner and then finished the movie. Still, it was entertaining. And man, I'm in love with Tia Carrere.

Pixar's 2015 entry Inside Out.

I feel like I may be getting older faster but this movie completely worked on me. I was laughing when it wanted me to laugh, and although I went in hearing the ending made audiences cry I had to legitimately fight to keep from bursting into tears. And I never cry while watching anything. This was a very intelligently written movie blatantly scripted by a psychologist and has great animation. Absolutely terrific. Compared to Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph I probably enjoy this the best. It's my favorite Pixar movie since the Incredibles.

Straight Outta Compton: Wow. Has a lot of the problems music bios all have. But, I have to say that this one is tenser, more bombastic and is as important a film as Selma. This movie was perfect for right now. Feels like Eazy E was thrown under the bus a little bit. They dedicate the film to him and his widow is an Exec Producer (with Dre and Cube) but it does feel a little bit like "pick on the dead guy." Giamatti is incredible as Jerry Haller and O'Shea Jackson Jr. (Ice Cube's son) is fucking great as Ice Cube. This is easily one of the best movies of the year.

I agree with this 1000%. I guess they had to blame someone for all the crap that went down, and you can be certain Dre and Ice Cube weren't going to let it be them.