Every Film You've Watched in 2015

dc20willsave

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Dies at the End: true bizarro horror filmmaking.

Trainwreck: man, the R Rated horror boom truly has made romantic comedies palatable. I enjoyed this more for Lebron James, John Cena, Tilda Swinton and Colin Quinn than I did the leads or even the secondary leads. Pretty funny overall. It took me two scenes to realize who I was seeing was Tilda Swinton.

Tenebre: pure giallo.

Feature Films: 136

Documentaries: 7

Short films: 1

Rewatches: 2

Trainwreck: man, the R Rated horror boom truly has made romantic comedies palatable. I enjoyed this more for Lebron James, John Cena, Tilda Swinton and Colin Quinn than I did the leads or even the secondary leads. Pretty funny overall. It took me two scenes to realize who I was seeing was Tilda Swinton.

I couldn't tell who she was until the end credits spelt it out for me. I knew it had to be a British actress because her accent was spot on, but Swinton just disappeared into that role. And in that this wasn't her natural vocal lilt either, I remain in awe of her talent.

But yeah, all those folk you mentioned were absolutely hilarious. Hell, I loved the Daniel Radcliffe dog-walking movie.

Shaun the Sheep The Movie: I don't like Wallace and Gromit or the animation style. This was that. It's wordless which is interesting in a feature film for children in 2015. My kids were kind of bored, but there were definitely moments of laughter.

Killer Legends: another documentary from the Cropsey guy.

Feature Films: 138

Short films: 1

"The 'Nam."

Dead & Buried: super underrated 80s horror film featuring a very young Robert Englund in a tiny role.

The Summer House: a film about a married man who hides his bisexuality/homosexuality from his family. Most films have that as the conflict, but it's when he begins to fall in love with his friend's 12 year old son where this film gets going. Not particularly well shot, but it is damn well-acted. Creepy as fuck.

Feature Films: 140

Short films: 2

The Night Visitor: I knew this was 72 minutes long going in. at minute 57 I was like "nothing's really happened yet, so the next fifteen minutes must be pretty exciting." Well, everything happened in the following five minutes and then there was a ten minute slow crawl of credits making a 62 minute movie. It didn't have enough in it for a short film.

Feature Films: 141

Short films: 2

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014): Better than I expected, but not much. Arnett saves this thing. Johnny Knoxville as Leo was super distracting too. The plot was over convienent and paper thin, Shredder looked ridiculous, and Megan Fox is still the worst. Better than all four Transformers, but not by a mile.

First Blood: I've seen it a hundred times, but it's A classic for a goddamned reason and I required a palate cleanser. Stallone is on point, and reminds us all that he used to be a damn fine actor. Brian Dennehy is amazing as a self righteous Ahab, who you almost pity, until he dives back into being horrible. I don't even wanna punch David Carouso's smug ginger face here.

However, the movie takes a really weird turn in the final act. I understand John has been pushed so far. But given the restraint he showed in the woods, the decimation he lays on the town is very jarring. Yes, he doesn't kill anyone. But it's still very loud for such a quiet character.

That said, his final monologue to Trautmann is incredible. I only wish they'd gone with the book ending and spared us the shitty sequels.

Damn fine film.

Evangelion 2.22: Outside of the new pilot they added, I kinda prefer this course of events. Characters are likable and I feel like Shinji is capable of making a decision.

Fun in Balloon Land: Watched it with Rifftrax and... what the fuck did I fucking watch?

Feature Films: 63

Direct to DVD: 2

Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 4

Riff-Trax Assisted: 12