Every Film You've Watched in 2015

dc20willsave

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Showgirls: Out and out, probably one of my favorite bad movies. I know I haven't seen it more than anyone else but I'm pretty sure I'm up there. How sad that is is a whole other story.

The Craft: I was in a 90s mood so I watched it again. Still not totally sure if this is a good or bad movie.

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Friendship Games: Totally pretty incidental. Some of the music is fun enough but if you're expecting something truly great, prepare to be disappointed.

The Mighty Ducks: One of the movies that never fails to tickle my nostalgia button. I realize some of the kids are annoying but I really don't care. Still loads of fun.

Feature Films: 65
Direct to DVD: 3
Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 5
Riff-Trax Assisted: 12

The Mighty Ducks: One of the movies that never fails to tickle my nostalgia button. I realize some of the kids are annoying but I really don't care. Still loads of fun.

For reasons i will probably never understand, this is one of those movies that if I'm clicking through channels on a Sunday  afternoon, and this comes on, I generally put the remote down and watch. I would never actually decide to watch it in any kind of planned way, but there it is.

For reasons i will probably never understand, this is one of those movies that if I'm clicking through channels on a Sunday  afternoon, and this comes on, I generally put the remote down and watch. I would never actually decide to watch it in any kind of planned way, but there it is.

I have lots of movies like that. Including Real Steel.

The Visit: I suppose it isn't much to say that this is Shyamalan's best since Unbreakable, but it's almost as good as Unbreakable. That should say something. Honestly scared me. It might be the best found footage movie I've ever seen. I hesitate to say that he's back, but I hope he makes more like this.

Feature Films: 150

Documentaries: 13

Short films: 2

Rewatches: 3

I thought SIGNS and THE VILLAGE were good/decent, but nothing like UNBREAKABLE. 

A PLAGUE SO PLEASANT: I found it, guys! The world's most boring zombie movie! We did it! It's my 151st feature film of the year and coincidentally, that's the number of proof the alcohol would have to be to make it interesting. Also, I'm sober right now, so that didn't work out too well.

Feature Films: 151

Queen Crab: Mark Polonia (the living half of the Polonia Brothers) produced this film directed and written by Brett Piper. These guys represent the cream of the crop of straight to video B movie dreck. This was fun and stupid. About what you'd expect from a decent film about a giant crab and the woman who loves it.

Feature Films: 153

1995's The Glass Shield

"Starring" Ice Cube according to all of the promotional material on Netflix, he's actually only in this 2hr movie with dialogue for less than ten minutes. The film's about routing out racist police corruption in LA.

This is just like every other "racist white guy" story that Walker Texas Ranger seemingly did about 5 times a season, in addition to Best of the Best 3, Renegade and various other redneck movies and tv shows in the 90s, despite being written, directed and starring a black guy. This may've been more nuanced back then, but watching it was a slog. Boyz 'N the Hood did this so much better with that once scene of police racism. This one does focus more on the life of a black cop surrounded by racist colleagues, but it get cartoonish and over the top so fast that you can almost time it to the second when Michael Ironside shoves a gun in the black cop's mouth.

Wrath of the Crows: Brutally dark film that goes astray in the script but held aloft beautifully by Debbie Rochon and Tiffany Shepis.

Deathgasm: Solid. I hope this heads up a rebirth of metal horror films.

Feature Films: 155

The Omen: One of my favorite horror movies, just for the atmosphere of it all. I was watching it for inspiration for a D&D antagonist.

The Martian: Matt Damon is terrific. They have a good way for him to be able to talk to the audience without looking unnatural and it has just the right amount of humor for the tension of the film. Beautifully shot as well. Really good and recommended. This thing is going to inspire engineers.

Super Mario Bros.:BLECK!

BTW, there is totally a scene where, when the two worlds start merging, the Twin Towers briefly become damaged. It's kind of disturbing.

Feature Films: 68
Direct to DVD: 3
Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 5
Riff-Trax Assisted: 12

Edited by dc20willsave

Watched the Rurouni Kenshin live action trilogy this weekend. Not an anime fan, but my cousins are, and they had fun seeing the story adapted well. I was really digging the characters and story. There are a lot of slow parts in the movies, the third really takes its time to get going, but once the action starts it's fantastic. This has some of the coolest fight scenes I've seen lately. The third has a fight involving four people against a guy with a sword that can burst into flames. I mean damn.

Edited by Davedevil