Every Film You've Watched in 2015

dc20willsave

Toy Story: One of the hallmarks of animation. It helps that it's good also. It's actually been a few years since last time I watched it. It's not the best Pixar film (or even the best Toy Story) but it's mid-tier and that counts for a lot. Mid-tier Pixar is better than low-tier most other films.

Castle in the Sky: I'm not going to say it's my favorite Studio Ghibli film but it's definitely up there. It's fun and beautiful. This is my first time watching it with the original score (Disney had it rescored when they originally brought it over by the original composer. Both are beautiful in their own way). So, yeah, good times.

Beauty and the Beast: Fucking beautiful in HD. In many ways, this is the high point of Disney's Second Golden age. It got the Oscar Nomination for Best Picture and it deserved it. It's just that good. The voice acting is top notch without ever feeling gimmicky, the music is never out of place, and, like I said, it's just beautiful.

The Muppet Movie: I always get a few chuckles out of it and more than a few smiles. Some of The Muppets at their best.

Feature Films: 105
Direct to DVD: 5
Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 7
Riff-Trax Assisted: 14

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Death of Superman Lives - Haven't finished it yet, but this is really good. Fricking hilarious whenever Jon Peters or Nic Cage is onscreen. Nothing is better than the idea of Superman throwing his cape to retrieve items, or take people's heads off.

I actually just watched this out of morbid curiosity and the most striking thing to me was just how willfully unaware everyone seemed to be to the fact that the finished product was going to be utter dogshit.

The Death of Superman Lives - Haven't finished it yet, but this is really good. Fricking hilarious whenever Jon Peters or Nic Cage is onscreen. Nothing is better than the idea of Superman throwing his cape to retrieve items, or take people's heads off.

I actually just watched this out of morbid curiosity and the most striking thing to me was just how willfully unaware everyone seemed to be to the fact that the finished product was going to be utter dogshit.

But you know, the way the documentary was done almost makes me want to see it, and a couple other reviews I've read of it have said the same thing. Maybe it's Bile Fascination, maybe it's the earnestness for the project from pretty much everyone involved, I don't know. 

But we're probably better off without it.

Kingsman: The Secret Service: Goddamn, that was a good fucking film.

I read the comic book and liked the twist they made to intentionally throw off the people who read it. It gave them something new rather than the same thing. Even without the misdirection it was much better than the comic book. 

My introduction to Colin Firth was from the A&E production of Pride and Prejudice, I got the weirdest smug feeling when I saw Mr. Darcy in the middle of the church massacre scene. 

Castle in the Sky: I'm not going to say it's my favorite Studio Ghibli film but it's definitely up there. It's fun and beautiful. This is my first time watching it with the original score (Disney had it rescored when they originally brought it over by the original composer. Both are beautiful in their own way). So, yeah, good times.

Beauty and the Beast: Fucking beautiful in HD. In many ways, this is the high point of Disney's Second Golden age. It got the Oscar Nomination for Best Picture and it deserved it. It's just that good. The voice acting is top notch without ever feeling gimmicky, the music is never out of place, and, like I said, it's just beautiful.

I heard Miyazaki apologized for Castle in the Sky, but I cannot find any evidence to support that. i loved that movie. 

I cannot watch Beauty and the Beast without crying. It is a beautiful film. 

The Great Muppet Caper: Probably my favorite Muppet Movie. It has a great plot and it brings in just the right amount of meta to the plot along with some great running gags. I guess when you bring British things into something American, they turn out pretty good. On occasion.

Home Alone: Okay, I tend to get sentimental over this film. Even if Chris Columbus directed, John Hughes wrote it and, like my favorite Christmas movie of all time, it wouldn't be the holidays without it. It's also a movie that I always end up noticing new details every year. I never really considered why the Uncle and His Family aren't there at the end of the movie. They must have stayed in Paris because he's a fucking cheapskate asshat. Good for him.

Feature Films: 107
Direct to DVD: 5
Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 7
Riff-Trax Assisted: 14

Home Alone: Okay, I tend to get sentimental over this film. Even if Chris Columbus directed, John Hughes wrote it and, like my favorite Christmas movie of all time, it wouldn't be the holidays without it. It's also a movie that I always end up noticing new details every year. I never really considered why the Uncle and His Family aren't there at the end of the movie. They must have stayed in Paris because he's a fucking cheapskate asshat. Good for him.

Also, reminds me of how fucking shitty this world is now that John Candy's gone.

This is one of only three films that I have ever walked out of. It just annoyed the hell out of me from start to finish. Even the awesomeness that is Joe Pesci couldn't keep me in my seat.

And my favourite Christmas movie is of course Die Hard.

Edited by JasonC

I'm not always negative... am I? I'm pretty sure I've been positive about a number of things on these forums.

And I would like to know what movies are considered sentimental. Just because I can't think of any off the top of my head, doesn't mean there aren't some I don't like.

Edited by JasonC

This is not a debate we're having.

A well respected and long-time contributor to the site decided to share with the community that he finds a certain movie near and dear to him and you thought the most tactful and constructive contribution to the topic was to shit all over it.

And now the mod that only calls out people when he sees a pattern is pointing this out to you.

Am I clear now?  That's a rhetorical question, by the way.