Every Film You've Watched in 2015

dc20willsave

Horns: I liked it, well enough. Pretty heavy handed in some places, but overall it's a good time. Surprisingly gory in some places, but then I found out it's a Joe Hill story and it all made sense. Radcliffe shows that he's not just Harry Potter, here too. His American accent is a little weak, but nothing unforgivable.

Fifty Shades of Grey: Yup.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

O Brother, Where Art Thou: I kinda have a weakness for Cohen Brothers movies. I also have a bit of a weakness for ancient Greek and Roman myths. And naturally, when you throw them together, I'm gonna go towards that thing like a moth to light. And this movie did not disappoint me at all, not the first time I saw it, or this time. Even after all these years, I still love this movie. The soundtrack doesn't hurt it, either. In fact, the soundtrack's one of the reasons I love it so much.

Films watched: 16

Boogie Nights, in gearing up for the next Hey! An Actor:

This movie is long. It's LAWNNNG. It's really long. It's good, but it feels inexorably long. Wahlberg and pals all do great jobs, but I'm sure this would have more of an effect on me if I saw it back when it first hit in '97. Granted I was 8 years old then, but I think this is a case of seeing other stories like this where going back to the trendsetter of behind-the-seedy scenes types of movies doesn't have that huge effect they once had.

I'm sure this would have more of an effect on me if I saw it back when it first hit in '97.

I think that's accurate. This was a huge revelation in 1997 and the fact that there have been a hundred very much like it in the years since have diluted its impact, but it still holds up as a damn good film.

Granted I was 8 years old then

GODDAMMIT

I'm sure this would have more of an effect on me if I saw it back when it first hit in '97.

I think that's accurate. This was a huge revelation in 1997 and the fact that there have been a hundred very much like it in the years since have diluted its impact, but it still holds up as a damn good film.

Granted I was 8 years old then

GODDAMMIT

I was all ready to feel all old, too. But then I did the math and realized I was ten.

Much Ado About Nothing (2012): Thoughts in BDH 77 later this week. Assuming my throat doesn't give out again.

Batman (1989): There are lots of problems with this movie. Michael Keaton isn't one. The art direction isn't another. That said, I always have and always will hate Jack Nicholson as Jack Nicholson as The Joker. Just... I have problems with it.

Feature Films: 18

Direct to DVD: 1

Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 1

Puppet Master II

Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge

Puppet Master 4

Remarkably, there has not yet been a group of "teenagers" being picked off or encountering the puppets yet. The fourth is the closest but they are twenty-somethings who clearly have pretty prominent jobs in research and development. Lots of grown-ups in the PM series.

Feature Films: 25