Every Film You've Watched in 2015

dc20willsave

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Repo: The Genetic Opera: One of those movies that I have watched so many times. Its technically an adaptation of a stage show though, from what I've seen, it's indistinguishable. Overall, everyone puts in a good performance from trained singers like Sarah Brightman and Anthony Head to less so like Alexis Vega to freaking Paris Hilton. Also, somehow the guy who directed Saw 2 through 5 isn't a terrible director sometimes.

The Hunger Games: As of now, I still says it's the least of the series but still a very good movie. Jennifer Lawrence deserves to be the star she is today. There are some points where you can tell how they cut corners to produce the film and it looks like they shot in a hotel because, well, a lot of the Capitol scenes were.

Beetlejuice: It's still hard to believe that Michael Keaton is on screen for less than a half an hour. His every scene is stolen out from anyone else in the cast. The rest of the cast puts in worthy performances still.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: I still enjoy it but I can see so many problems with the love story now that I barely saw years ago. It's weird seeing Michael Cera beating up Captain America and Superman/The Atom.

Feature Films: 25

Direct to DVD: 1

Made-For-TV: 2

Repeats: 1

Repo: The Genetic Opera: One of those movies that I have watched so many times. Its technically an adaptation of a stage show though, from what I've seen, it's indistinguishable. Overall, everyone puts in a good performance from trained singers like Sarah Brightman and Anthony Head to less so like Alexis Vega to freaking Paris Hilton. Also, somehow the guy who directed Saw 2 through 5 isn't a terrible director sometimes.

That's funny, because we couldn't possibly have more divergent opinions on that movie...

Skatopia: 88 Acres of Anarchy-Documentary online for free about a Koresh-style messianic complex guy who puts on a skateboarder's Burning Man every year. Not what I was hoping for going in as it was for research, but it was entertaining to say the least.

Feature Films: 33

Documentaries: 1

Them!: Very suspenseful and surprisingly effective. The giant ants actually don't look that bad. Also, has one of Leonard Nimoy's earliest roles.

Anaconda: Featuring Jon Voight at his ChristopherWalkenest and Jennifer Lopez at her least appealing. Not really worth seeing, except maybe for the elaborate deaths and an unexpected survivor.

Star Trek IV:The Voyage Home: Bad viewing of a mostly good film. Most revisit before coverage in 2017 or 2018.

Film Count: 18

The Mummy: Surprisingly, it's still really held up, even when it shouldn't have. It may not have been a great movie, but it was a damn entertaining one. Ultimately, good background noise, but not something that I would suggest going too deeply into. Which, knowing this site, will probably happen sooner or later.

Films Watched: 24

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: So. Fun. A way better adventure movie than the predecessor. The set piece smackdown from ritual to mine assault to minecar race to bridge battle is dizzyingly amazing. One of the fastest two hours that's ever been on film. I've always considered it my favorite, but after this rewatch, fuck anyone who hates on this movie. So fucking great.

Feature Films: 34

The Mummy: Surprisingly, it's still really held up, even when it shouldn't have. It may not have been a great movie, but it was a damn entertaining one. Ultimately, good background noise, but not something that I would suggest going too deeply into. Which, knowing this site, will probably happen sooner or later.

If you mean the version starring Brendan Fraser, it's on the Pulp Diction long list. But I wouldn't worry about a total critical drubbing - I really enjoy it!

If you mean the version starring Brendan Fraser, it's on the Pulp Diction long list. But I wouldn't worry about a total critical drubbing - I really enjoy it!

It's not a classic, but I unapologetically, unironically enjoy the hell out of this movie. It's a ton of fun.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: So. Fun. A way better adventure movie than the predecessor. The set piece smackdown from ritual to mine assault to minecar race to bridge battle is dizzyingly amazing. One of the fastest two hours that's ever been on film. I've always considered it my favorite, but after this rewatch, fuck anyone who hates on this movie. So fucking great.

Feature Films: 34

Agreed 100%. I hate how it's become popular to hate this film.

Evil Bong 3D: The Wrath of Bong-I only have one IMDB credit: a special thanks for The Image Revolution. Had Full Moon been a little more on the ball, I would have had a special executive producer credit for this film. I'm in the credits. I'm kind of glad there is no other evidence.

Feature Films: 36

Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade: Okay, I'm convinced that Raiders is the third best Indy film. It ain't as good as this one. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt because I haven't seen Crystal Skull yet. Funny thing: we've watched Temple of Doom this week and Raiders late last year and halfway through Last Crusade, Cade says "Wait! Indiana Jones is Han Solo?!"

Killjoy: Great character design on the killer clown. The film is notable for having no white people. That's all I got.

Feature Films: 38

Funny thing: we've watched Temple of Doom this week and Raiders late last year and halfway through Last Crusade, Cade says "Wait! Indiana Jones is Han Solo?"

Feature Films: 38

It's a testament to the lengths that he would go to in order to fully disappear into every role he played. In that way, Harrison Ford was very much the Daniel Day-Lewis of the 80s.

Horns: It may've been Hannah earlier in the thread who said "Well, that sure was a movie." This was pretty bad. Radcliffe's acting is perfectly solid once you get past his shifty American accent (he and co-star Juno Temple are only a few days apart in age), but the script it downright embarrassing. It comes off like bad fanfiction from a high schooler, and REALLY sinks lower in the third act. I'm glad I saw it, but it truly is a lousy movie.

Fargo: T'was on Netflix and my Mom who loves it commanded that we sit down and watch it. I'm not a big Cohen Brothers fan, having only seen No Country for Old Men and overall not caring for it, but I wasn't aware that this was their film going in. I liked it okay, mostly for Francis McDormand's entire character and performance. Steve Buscemi plays Steve Buscemi, although I suppose this was one of his break-out roles. I really don't like movies which indulge in how slow they can make a scene. It's why I wasn't crazy about No Country, and this one's the same. It feels obnoxious at times. Still, I enjoyed the movie well enough.

Des, I love you like a brother from another mother, but you're talking crazy.

I actually have to agree with Des in regards of Last Crusade feeling like the best Indiana Jones film. It's, at it's core, a story about a son seeking the approval of his father. It also feels like more than a tribute to film serials though it still has some great cliffhangers. Then again, I'm also the guy who prefers Back to the Future Part 3 over the other ones in the series so who am I to talk about what's a good sequel?

I rank Last Crusade second, I love it a lot. I'm just starting to think that Raiders stole Des' lunch money and rode off with it on the bike he got for his birthday.

I rank Last Crusade second too, Chris. We agree on that. If Indy just stayed home, Raiders would have had the Nazis killing themselves without having to go through all of the trouble.

Birdman: This is a great actor's movie. Keaton, Norton, Watts, Riseborough and Galifianakis were all fucking brilliant. I don't know why, but my gut is telling me to hate Emma Stone, but she's amazing in this. I don't know what it is, I like her in everything. Beyond the acting though, this movie is fucking awful. The story's terrible. The cinematographical gimmick is tired and boring and obtrusive. I also wished they cut the fantastical bullshit out. Too bad.

Feature Films: 39