Halloween: Michael Wants to Play a Game

Koete

12 hours ago, The Master said:

I've seen every Halloween movie except Season of the Witch, Resurrection, and the Rob Zombie sequel. Next to Nightmare on Elm Street, it's probably my favorite horror franchise.

Uhm...I feel like we should fix this.

I also have not seen the Zombie sequel, but I have the series box set. So, I'm all set.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think @The Master had a good (and disturbing) point here:

In fairness, the actress who played that character in parts 4 and 5 was 18 years old when Halloween 6 came out, and the actress that replaced her was 20 when Halloween 6 came out. Which does not make what the cult did OK, of course. It is still horrendously evil. It would be even more evil if she was 15 years old.

I tend to assume that however much time has passed between sequels in real life, that much time has passed between sequels in the movie world.  That seems to be the case here:

According to Wikipedia:

"On October 31, 1989, Michael Myers and his niece Jamie Lloyd are abducted from the Haddonfield Police Station. Six years later, on October 30, 1995, Jamie has been impregnated and her baby is born, being taken away by the "Man in Black", the leader of a Druid-like cult."

But that movie has been retconned out of continuity anyway. Jamie Lee Curtis' character was killed off in the abominable Halloween Resurrection and she is fine now. 

1 hour ago, S-T said:

But that movie has been retconned out of continuity anyway. Jamie Lee Curtis' character was killed off in the abominable Halloween Resurrection and she is fine now. 

Halloween is an odd franchise, timeline wise, as there are five different timelines:

• The Strode / Lloyd Timeline: Halloween (1978), Halloween II (1981), Halloween 4-6
    • Laurie survives two attacks by her brother on Halloween night 1978. She later gives birth to Jamie. Laurie dies in a car accident. Jamie is then hunted and eventually killed by her uncle, but her child survives.
  • Silver Shamrock Timeline: Halloween III
    • In this universe Halloween exists as a movie.
  • H20 Timeline: Halloween (1978), Halloween II (1981), H20, Resurrection
    • Laurie survives two attacks by her brother on Halloween night 1978. She fakes her death via car accident, changes her name to Tate, and gives birth to John. Michael kills Laurie.
  • Rob Zombie Timeline: Halloween (2007) and Halloween II (2009)
    • Complete remake.
  • A New Strode Timeline: Halloween (1978) and Halloween (2018)
    • Laurie survives one attack on Halloween night 1978. Michael Myers is not her brother. Laurie has a daughter called Karen.

On 10/3/2018 at 6:54 PM, S-T said:

The Halloween timeline is even more confusing than the Saw timeline.

That is saying something.

It is so confusing that when A coworker gave me Halloween 3: season of the witch, 4,5 and Curse of Michael Myers made more sense. My head cannon asked what if Colonel Cochranes megalithic microchip magic massacre was stage 1? Stage 2 was to bring Myers into that world, which also brought Loomis by extension. That is how he went from being an escaped maniac to being this almost diety figure to that weird cult.

• 3 weeks later...