The Dark Knight

Missy

I just watched this again. Still good stuff, but I'm starting to err towards the idea that Dent probably is meant to be dead. DAMN YOU, DUBS!!!!!

Honestly, I don't think Depp would be in a third Batman installment, especially not as The Riddler. I think that more for who the director is and how he picks actors for his roles. Whether Nolan admires Depp or not, HE would have to feel that Depp was the right guy for The Riddler before he'd get approached. I'm guessing his name's cropping up because he's Johnny Depp.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bat-film, now in its fourth week of release, rang up another $26million, claiming the top ranking and besting Seth Rogen's stoner movie 'Pineapple Express'. The film's domestic box office now stands at $441.5 million.

The sturdy performance moves 'The Dark Knight' up to the #3 spot on the all-time domestic box office chart, trailing behind 'Titanic' and 'Star Wars'. Give its earnings pace, it seems likely that the film will reach the #2 spot in the next few weeks, but probably won't sink James Cameron's historic tragic romance in the long run.

The movie is also now the #2 higest-grossing PG-13 movie of all time, again trailing 'Titanic'.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=35098

Brian Austin Green Just Putting It Out There That He'd Play The Riddler In

The Next Batman Movie

By Alex Blagg

Once they finally finish counting all their money, the producers of the

Batman franchise will find themselves facing an epic challenge: figuring

out a way to find a new villain worthy of following Heath Ledger's now

legendary performance as The Joker. Names like Johnny Depp and Philip

Seymour Hoffman have already been tossed around, but perhaps Christopher

Nolan should consider looking for his next supervillain in a less obvious

and sensible place like, say, the lesser cast-members of the original

Beverly Hills 90210. Because it just so happens that in a recent interview

with MTV (via Vulture), Green puts it out there that he'd be willing to be

involved with the project if, you know, someone were to call and ask him:

"I would love to be the Riddler," Brian Austin Green told MTV News. [...]

Green knows it's a long shot, but despite his role on "Terminator," "I'd

like to be in the next 'Batman,' even though I am busy killing machines and

people," he said. (We hope he just means on the show).

"I hope to God that they don't try to replace Heath and have the Joker,"

Green added. "And Two-Face is gone." So they need a new villain, and the

Riddler makes sense," he said. Not that he's thought it so far ahead that

he actually knows what he'd want to do with the Riddler, however.

"That's impossible to answer now," Green said. "That would take years of

preparation. It's tough. Heath set the bar at a new level, which I think is

fantastic for comic book lovers and movie lovers. He changed the face of

what people expect out of those films. If you watch the old ones, I mean,

they were great for what they were, having Danny Elfman's music, but this

is a new level."

Perhaps the most puzzling riddle of all is what imaginary fantasy world

David Silver's currently living in that he would find it necessary to

pontificate, on record, about what he would do with a role you or I

probably have more chance being cast in (though to be fair, he might just

be under the impression that Joel Schumacher is still helming the

franchise, in which case this suggestion would be perfectly reasonable).

Otherwise, the only way this could be anymore crazy is if he also suggested

that Shannen Doherty show up as Catwoman, or Riddle Me This, Riddle Me

That, maybe Robin could be played by Nat (that dude who used to run The

Peach Pit).

• 3 weeks later...

For all that doubted me on Two Face being dead or not.

Aaron Eckhart has had a good summer. He can take credit for some of The Dark Knight's awesomeness, with his Harvey Dent/Two-Face baddie getting almost as freaky as Heath Ledger's Joker. But $500 million later, we have to ask him: Two-Face could survive that deadly fall at the construction site, right?

"No," Eckhart told E! News at the junket for Towelhead yesterday. "He is dead as a doornail. He ain't comin' back, baby. No."

The fans want him back, and the actor wants to come back, but ultimately director Christopher Nolan is the bad parent.

"I asked Chris that question. He goes, 'You're dead.' Before I could even get the question out of my mouth, 'Hey Chris, am I...' 'You're dead.' "

But death has never been a problem for comic book characters! "I'm not coming back," he said. "Unfortunately, Heath was supposed to go along."

Eckhart knows, too, that there are plenty of Batvillains waiting for spots in the sequels. He's even jealous about one rumor. "I heard Angelina Jolie was going to be Catwoman," he said. "I thought that was a great idea. I'd like to be in that one."

Oh, but sorry. Didn't you hear? You're dead.

Warner Bros. Pictures plans to rerelease blockbuster The Dark Knight in January, the height of Academy Awards voting season, says The Hollywood Reporter.

"It's just a matter of bringing it back as a reminder for people," a source told the trade.

Warners domestic distribution president Dan Fellman acknowledged ongoing talks with IMAX executives about the prospect of restoring the film to some number of giant-screen venues in January. It's uncertain if The Dark Knight also will reappear in conventional theaters at that point.

To date, the film has earned about $513 million domestically and $440 million internationally, including more than $55 million in IMAX grosses. The DVD and Blu-ray Disc are expected to hit stores in December.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7658

• 2 weeks later...
You'd need a television show to cover all of Bruce's training. A movie only has so much time, and Batman Begins did an excellent job covering enough of his past to convey where he acquired some of his skills.

How long of a movie was 'Batman Begins'? Somewhere around two and a half hours or so? If they made a three hour Batman movie, they could cover the origin of the Batman within a hour or less. It could have been done right in 'Batman Begins' but Miss Dawes got in the way of that.

If one really wanted to, you could make several Bruce Wayne movies. There is so much material that can be used from the pre-Batman Bruce Wayne timeline. It is impossible to show all of that in one movie and still have time for Batman, villains and the like. I thought Batman Begins did a good job of showing enough of Bruce's training.

If one really wanted to, you could make several Bruce Wayne movies. There is so much material that can be used from the pre-Batman Bruce Wayne timeline. It is impossible to show all of that in one movie and still have time for Batman, villains and the like. I thought Batman Begins did a good job of showing enough of Bruce's training.

I always wanted to see Bruce in Japan.

If they didn't attach a love interest such as they did by adding Miss Dawes, then they could have shown Bruce training in a faithful manner.

Elsewhere you've said Talia should have been in the film, but you're also saying Bruce shouldn't have had a lover. You can't have it both ways.