The Dark Knight

Missy

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got very little detective out of both of those movies. Hardly was he depicted as an inventor in the movies. No one's really wanting a campy depiction of 'em. Most seem to want the modern incarnation.

Reread what I said. I didn't say he had to be all or even most of those; I said he "can be interpreted many different ways." As long as the character stays true to his roots (RE: dead parents, he himself is not a killer), the vision of Batman can change over time.

Yeah, and I just gave the description of what Nolan presented in my previous post.

What kind of film leaves out Marv's penis?

I'm sorry, I just got here, did I miss something? :ph34r:

I went to see the movie again today and I did see some flaws.

First at the party, what the hell did the Joker do after Batman left, did he say "Shit, reapers coming on!" and just ran out of the room!

Also Mike I saw the part where I saw Ledger and it was during the Interrogation scene, when he was in all the dark it was at that point and only that point did I see Ledger and not this psychotic clown.

Oh and Batman has to have "Bat-Umbrella" in the next movie. I mean when he got caught in the rain in begins, I had to ask why the hell that wasn't invented yet.

Batman: The Last Stand, anyone?

There can never be too much Batman -– which is why Brett Ratner proposes, once Christopher Nolan’s take on the Caped Crusader runs his course, that there be a few spin-off films.

“As a kid, Batman was my thing,” Ratner said. “I’m a little jealous that I didn’t get to direct it, although Nolan did a great job. But there are so many characters in the Batman series, so many characters that I love, that the opportunities for spin-offs are endless.”

Ratner thinks that the first one should be a film just about the Joker, exploring his (possible) origin as the Red Hood. “That would be really cool,” he said. But don’t we then run into the not-so-little problem of who could possibly fill Heath Ledger’s shoes?

“Heath was great,” Ratner said. “But the Joker is a great villain. That’s why Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger had so much to work with. And I think there will be another actor who can interpret that. It would be great to see [Robert] Downey [Jr.] as the Joker, for instance.”

Ratner doesn’t want to stop there. If the opportunities for spin-offs in the Batman universe are endless, what about the rest of comic-book-dom? For the “X-Men,” for instance, Ratner is excited about the upcoming Wolverine spin-off, but he thinks one is warranted for Halle Berry’s character, Storm, as well. “That would be great,” he said. “That would be really cool.”

Spin-offs and team-ups like “The Justice League” are the way to sustain the franchises, he said, so that minor characters can be more developed.

“You’re going to be seeing superhero movies for 50 years,” he predicted. “And it’ll be exciting to see a lot of the under-the-radar franchises like ‘Iron Man’ that could be incredible on the big screen.”

Source: MTV

Whilst I agree that The Joker's villain status could justify a re-casting, and that spin-offs/team-ups would benefit minor characters, this interview does nothing to enhance my view of Brett Ratner. Famed DC-hater Robert Downey Jr. as The Joker? Another Halle Berry Storm movie appearance?!?!?

Geeks will argue about anything.

Fact: Movie studios don't give a shit about comics. Most often the people involved with a comic adaptation work from a premise only. Executives and producers won't even read a screenplay if it isn't formatted properly. You think they're going to read a comic?

Fact: Katie Holmes brought people to Batman Begins that would never in their entire life would have thought about going to see a Batman film. Like the romantic angle or not, it works. That's why it's always there.

Fact: the Nolan films are inordinately in-line with their source material. Show me a comic book movie even more in-line and I'll say, "Other than Iron man." The fact that the Batman films are so good should be praised, not whined about.

Fact: Scarecrow should not have worked in this line of Batfilms but he did in a huge way. He could have been the baddie of the second.

Pretty close to fact: Two-Face isn't dead.

They aren't just good comic movies, they are good films (TDK in particular).

Not until Sin City was there a more accurate comic book adaptation than Roger Corman's Fantastic Four.

Lol, now I have that film and are you telling me in the comics, Mr Fantastic got with the little girl who had a crush on him?

Essentially, yes.

Reed Richards: Pimp.

Not until Sin City was there a more accurate comic book adaptation than Roger Corman's Fantastic Four.

Lol, now I have that film and are you telling me in the comics, Mr Fantastic got with the little girl who had a crush on him?

Essentially, yes.

Reed Richards: Pimp.

Lol, I guess the Comic Book Code didn't get that, lol Still I did enjoy the Roger Corman-Produced film a little more than the theatrically released one. Although, Jessica Alba looks hotter and Julian McMahon plays a better Dr. Doom. I wish Stan Lee would allow the 94 version to be released in some sort of "Limited Edition" FF Box Set.

Fact: the Nolan films are inordinately in-line with their source material. Show me a comic book movie even more in-line and I'll say, "Other than Iron man." The fact that the Batman films are so good should be praised, not whined about.

I don't read Iron Man. Is The Dude the major villian in the comics just like he was in the movie?

I don't read Iron Man. Is The Dude the major villian in the comics just like he was in the movie?

For a short time in the 80s, yeah. His son is shaping up to be a fairly big deal nowadays.

Pretty close to fact: Two-Face isn't dead.

For all that doubted me on Two Face being dead or not.

Aaron Eckhart has had a good summer. He can take credit for some of The Dark Knight's awesomeness, with his Harvey Dent/Two-Face baddie getting almost as freaky as Heath Ledger's Joker. But $500 million later, we have to ask him: Two-Face could survive that deadly fall at the construction site, right?

"No," Eckhart told E! News at the junket for Towelhead yesterday. "He is dead as a doornail. He ain't comin' back, baby. No."

The fans want him back, and the actor wants to come back, but ultimately director Christopher Nolan is the bad parent.

"I asked Chris that question. He goes, 'You're dead.' Before I could even get the question out of my mouth, 'Hey Chris, am I...' 'You're dead.' "

But death has never been a problem for comic book characters! "I'm not coming back," he said. "Unfortunately, Heath was supposed to go along."

Eckhart knows, too, that there are plenty of Batvillains waiting for spots in the sequels. He's even jealous about one rumor. "I heard Angelina Jolie was going to be Catwoman," he said. "I thought that was a great idea. I'd like to be in that one."

Oh, but sorry. Didn't you hear? You're dead.