The Dark Knight

Missy

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Aaron Eckhart talked to the LA Times about the Dark Knight and spoiled some things. The excerpt here is from www.darkhorizons.com

As the new trailer for "The Dark Knight" hit today, two key moments have come under scrutiny involving the character of Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart).

First is a scene where it looks like his head is being held against a floor doused in gasoline. The second is a profile shot of him in a car with a gun, whilst the edges of the other half of his face (we can't see it at the angle) are badly burned - our first glimpse of Two-Face?

Eckhart gave a long interview to The LA Times this weekend about his role and the character, promising that "There are fans on the Internet who have done artist's versions of what they think it will look like, and I can tell you this: They're thinking small; Chris [Nolan, Director] is going way farther than people think."

He says that "I can tell you that, basically, when you look at Two-Face, you should get sick to your stomach. Being the guy under all that, well, that was a lot of fun for me. It's like you would feel if you met someone whose face had pretty much been ripped off or burned off with acid."

The character is also undergoing a slight shift - Two-Face in the film is more of a vigilante hunting down the Joker than he is a criminal. Eckhart says (SPOILERS AHEAD) "The difference between Batman and Two-Face is how far they are willing to go and how they make their point... Harvey Dent has an extremely strong sense of justice. His fiancée is killed. He's horribly injured. But he is still true to himself. He's a crime fighter, he's not killing good people. He's not a bad guy, not purely." (END SPOILERS)

The film itself "deals with some fundamental questions of what's going on in society. To me, this film is about how Batman feels about justice, how he takes care of the city, how he feels about the Joker when he meets him and sees what he is capable of doing. How he feels when Harvey Two-Face takes matters into his own hands. It's not simple, and it gets ugly. I think people will be surprised"

he says.

• 2 weeks later...

3 New TV Spots I have found and thought I might share it:

# 1(excuse the quality it was recorded during Survivor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfEntCLJ-eI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGFX-iD_HH4...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjgG_xVAG4Q(this one I first saw during the Season Finale of Smallville)

i just talked to a friend who is slightly interested in the dark knight and wants to see it, and i said the greatest thing ever to him.

wouldn't it be great if right at the end of the film, you see a man on top of a building holding a stick that had a question mark on it, and then the camera reveals David Hyde Pierce who then says "hey diddle diddle, time for a riddle..." i would seriously jump up in the cinema grab some dark knight pompoms and scream "Oh my god, oh my f**king god!" repeatedly.

i know its not real dark knight news, or if that even makes sense, but tell me that does not sound like the most awesome thing ever!

also i read empire and they said that if they picked someone to play the Riddler it would be Casey Affleck.

also i cannot wait for this, it will be awesome, i wrecked the bank robbery as scene as i saw it on you tube, anyone wants to see it just PM me.

That ending would be too comic booky. It wouldn't make sense for Riddler to appear out of the blue at the very end.

Regarding Riddler, the rumor is

that Anthony Michael Hall's character (Mike Engel) will either become the Riddler or is a nod at him. Plus, if you look at the character's name, you can almost spell "E. Nigma" / "enigma" out of it. Granted, there's no A and four of the letters aren't used, but it's close.

This is really stretching the thing in tags above, but

the letters in "Mike Engel" can spell out "le énigme," which is French for "the enigma." Granted, the K is left out, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.

For the record, I

read the French thing elsewhere.

So I can't take credit.

David Hyde Pierce would be great in the role, he can't take on batman as a physical threat, but as a mental one, i hope they go down the psychological path with the Riddler.

And their was talk of a newspaper article from the Gotham times being written by Edward nashton(i don't know much about the history, I've only got back into the comics in the past year)

Yoda what about this-that was my dream scenario for the Riddle this is a genuine one

What if the Riddler is a man pushed to the edge(Like in btas and The batman) who kills someone but cant actually tell anyone so they go insane, or they think they killed someone like two face in Btas who thought he'd hurt a boy when he was younger and let the anger dwell inside of himself.

The Riddler then slowly comes out and he goes over the edge and feels he has to be caught so he sets up crimes where the clues of who he is and where he is are easy for him at see but are complicated for everyone else.

what do you think?

i got the Nashton thing from wikipedia, it is not my personal view.

Edited by suavestar