The Dark Knight

Missy

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, Riddler's origin isn't important to me. What is, however, is how his extreme OCD is portrayed. If they're to keep these films set in the real world, that aspect, more than anything else, needs to be on display.

and that's why David Hyde Pierce is the best person to play him. I mean I'm a Frasier fan but even if i only ever saw one episode of that show, i could see he could get the extreme OCO of the riddler across with ease. plus he's that talented.

Aside from Ra's, Riddler is the villain I would actually have the least interest in. At all. Oh look, it's a guy that leaves clues. Meh.

Black Mask, a proper Bane, Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, the Penguin, Clayface, Catwoman, those are all characters I would have interest in. Let's do some of that.

Aside from Ra's, Riddler is the villain I would actually have the least interest in. At all. Oh look, it's a guy that leaves clues. Meh.

Black Mask, a proper Bane, Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, the Penguin, Clayface, Catwoman, those are all characters I would have interest in. Let's do some of that.

If we're talking about villains in the sequel (a film that's going to be rather Two Face-centric, if it even happens at all), you need to consider who's a) not going to distract too much attention away from Dent vs Bats; and b) who's actually going to work in a Nolan-esque universe.

Black Mask: Cool villain and mob boss, although a 2nd disfigured guy wouldn't work in the same film. For Batman 4, let's say.

Bane: COULD be done well - I just worry that more obscure villains might not get a look in now that Joker/Two Face are established

Killer Croc: See above.

Freeze: Probably a bit hard to do realistically, and there's the obvious taint of Batman & Robin.

Penguin: Nolan himself has said that he can't see Penguin being used in a Batman film he'd direct. Batman 4 then.

Clayface: That ain't gonna happen until Batman goes a bit more Spider-Man-esque.

Catwoman: more likely than any other. Selina Kyle being the love interest in the next film works, I suppose.

And if we're talking about classic villains, Poison Ivy would be hard to pull off as well.

I was reading Empire magazine earlier in the week and whilst they had some terrible ideas for future casting (Ellen Page as Robin, Casy Affleck as the Riddler), they floated the idea of Jennifer Connelly as Talia al Ghul, which I thought was a very interesting idea (not to mention a good bit of casting to boot). Whilst the Riddler is probably the favourite as the next supporting villain - more for the ease with which you can do him rather than for spectacular action sequences - that'd be worth seeing.

I was assuming that Dent was for 3, and whoever's next would be 4.

Well remember in begins they had the Scarecrow as a sort of side villain as he was working for Ras Al Ghul (On a side note, in Batman Beyond Talia says that Ra's is Said Raich not Ras) and he worked out well, so they could have another villain working with or for Two Face.

Also I just found a torrent that claimed to have the Dark Knight and it took all my strength not to download it.......that i didn't have a bloody clue how to download it properly!

Also I just found a torrent that claimed to have the Dark Knight and it took all my strength not to download it.......that i didn't have a bloody clue how to download it properly!

A.) It's probably fake.

B.) It's likely got a trojan in it.

C.) You need a program like AnotherBitTorrentClient (ABC) to download torrents and a program like PowerArchiver to open them anyway.

A.) It's probably fake.

B.) It's likely got a trojan in it.

C.) You need a program like AnotherBitTorrentClient (ABC) to download torrents and a program like PowerArchiver to open them anyway.

A) yeah probably, it was weird their was like sixty downloads and it had only been up for like an hour.

B) wouldn't suprise me.

C) I have utorrent...........ah screw it, I'm just going to wait for the movie to come out so's that the only thing I'll have to worry about is sitting next to someone talking through the movie! i hate those people, though it's always nice to know how Barrys work job at the post office is going....

right OK, that was nice.

it also proves two things!

One. this movie will be freaking awesome!!

two. the voice i heard from a you tube page of someone saying "that's why i have my name" was false!

Now all i need is David Hyde Pierce saying "Hey diddle diddle, time for a riddle" and i can die a happy man!

No i will not let the riddler go!

p.s the penguin is not one of my favourite villains either, yet Danny De Vito was great as him, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman can play taht part and make me intersted, word is that the penguin may be a british arms dealer.

The soundtrack listing might answer your question NightAngle, assuming they go the same order as the movie.

1. Why So Serious? 09:14

2. I'm Not A Hero 06:34

3. Harvey Two-Face 06:16

4. Aggressive Expansion 04:35

5. Always A Catch 01:39

6. Blood On My Hands 02:16

7. A Little Push 02:42

8. Like A Dog Chasing Cars 05:02

9. I Am The Batman 01:59

10. And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad 02:28

11. Agent Of Chaos 06:55

12. Introduce A Little Anarchy 03:42

13. Watch The World Burn 03:47

14. A Dark Knight 16:15

The soundtrack listing might answer your question NightAngle, assuming they go the same order as the movie.

I don't think that any soundtrack in recent history has gone in order.

While I admit I don't listen to too many soundtracks, the ones I have listened to have been in order. A lot of the ones I'm seeing online are in order also like Iron Man, Enchanted, and both Narnia's seem to be in order.

While I admit I don't listen to too many soundtracks, the ones I have listened to have been in order. A lot of the ones I'm seeing online are in order also like Iron Man, Enchanted, and both Narnia's seem to be in order.

OK, this looks interesting, two face will be a villain really quickly into the movie, that will either make things more interesting, or spider man 3 it.

I swear if two face shows up and dies in fifteen minutes like another villain in another movie then i will be pretty annoyed, as villains who are as sympathetic as two face can be don't come along too often.

p.s do you know if the soundtrack is music or quotes or both?

I'd be shocked if Dent was turned 3/14ths of the way through the film, given the fact that Dent has been singled out as the significant guy of the film, moreso than The Joker, by Nolan. Thusly I doubt all character development would be spunked out in the first 40 mintes of the film. Could happen, but I seriously doubt it.

I'd just like to say that I have to wait an extra week for this film because I'm British, so the week that this comes out, I'm going to be away from the internet and watching other Batman films instead just so that I get a partial fix...

I'd be shocked if Dent was turned 3/14ths of the way through the film, given the fact that Dent has been singled out as the significant guy of the film, moreso than The Joker, by Nolan. Thusly I doubt all character development would be spunked out in the first 40 mintes of the film. Could happen, but I seriously doubt it.

I'd just like to say that I have to wait an extra week for this film because I'm British, so the week that this comes out, I'm going to be away from the internet and watching other Batman films instead just so that I get a partial fix...

yeah Nolan says that dent is the main story and his downfall into madness while be what drives the story,,with the joker just f-ing about for no apparent reason in the background. This is a fantastic idea, as we don't need to know why the joker is a nut job like in batman, we just need to know what he's doing when he's on screen and that line from the trailer "its all part of the plan" makes it seem like his story will not be obvious till the end when you probably find out he's been in control of everything from his arrest to dents downfall to what coffee Gordon drinks. But that's just what i think. A good solid third act with Two face and then him escaping like scarecrow did in the first, BTW i hope scarecrow is killed or committed permanently to arkham in this, as you do not need him in another film, no matter how good cillian is.

Also Nolan is an English major at university (I'm pretty sure of this) so if anyone can make character development work and seem like its flowing and not being forced, the two face is in good hands.

BTW i hope scarecrow is killed or committed permanently to arkham in this, as you do not need him in another film, no matter how good cillian is.

Personally, the more villains kept alive, the better in my opinion. It means that Batman has a fuller rogues gallery to deal with in future. I'm not saying the franchise should rehash Batman vs Scarecrow in every film, but I really don't mind Bat-villain cameos as long as they serve a purpose to the story. I'd much rather villains don't die so that options are kept open for the best possible stories. That's why I dock films points for killing off the villains (see the CR review of the otherwise excellent Iron Man).

Personally, I'm thinking Harvey gets turned within the last quarter of the film, kills a few and leads to a confrontation between the two at the end in which Two Face gets away, setting up a proper film of confrontation in the sequel, with a few twists to keep the Batman universe expanding.

Lock Scarecrow away. And Two Face. And Joker. And whoever is in the next two. And then you make the fifth one Knightfall, with them all breaking out and Bane being behind it all. That's the only way I would really care about these Bat movies.

Why the fuck do so many people love Knightfall and Bane so much ?

I don't get it. Is it just a nostalgia thing?

Lock Scarecrow away. And Two Face. And Joker. And whoever is in the next two. And then you make the fifth one Knightfall, with them all breaking out and Bane being behind it all. That's the only way I would really care about these Bat movies.

Why the fuck do so many people love Knightfall and Bane so much ?

I don't get it. Is it just a nostalgia thing?

I loved Knightfall because it showed Batman is human and does have a point where he can't go on, and that he can't beat everyone every day. People seem to have it in their head that Batman can't ever be beat even though he has no powers. I didn't really like Bane as a character, but he served his purpose in that story.

Also Nolan is an English major at university (I'm pretty sure of this) so if anyone can make character development work and seem like its flowing and not being forced, the two face is in good hands.

Whoa there! I know a shit-ton of English Majors at uni who have little to no understanding of character or story.

Whoa there! I know a shit-ton of English Majors at uni who have little to no understanding of character or story.

true sometimes people who go to uni, and become graduates and yet can be the biggest dumb asses ever!

i think i may have went too wide with what i was saying, but if you read any interviews with Nolan about Batman or his other films like insomnia or memento(both great movies) and he talks about creating characters and establishing them and getting them across to the audience. Which is the basis for Harvey dent that batman forever missed. You were right dread i was a bit broad saying that all English majors are able to create sympathetic realistic characters.

BTW i hope scarecrow is killed or committed permanently to arkham in this, as you do not need him in another film, no matter how good cillian is.

Personally, the more villains kept alive, the better in my opinion. It means that Batman has a fuller rogues gallery to deal with in future. I'm not saying the franchise should rehash Batman vs Scarecrow in every film, but I really don't mind Bat-villain cameos as long as they serve a purpose to the story. I'd much rather villains don't die so that options are kept open for the best possible stories. That's why I dock films points for killing off the villains (see the CR review of the otherwise excellent Iron Man).

Personally, I'm thinking Harvey gets turned within the last quarter of the film, kills a few and leads to a confrontation between the two at the end in which Two Face gets away, setting up a proper film of confrontation in the sequel, with a few twists to keep the Batman universe expanding.

True i didn see it that way, it would be nice if they made a third film, he did something not major to the plot, but he had a place in it. Something that does not sit well when you think about the first set of batman films most of the villains were either killed(By their own causes) or committed and called insane or just gave up being villains. So i guess your right and I'm wrong.

[

spoiler]two face will be the man who kills the joker in my opinion, leaving a mans blood on Batman's hands as he causes two face to do it, as batman would not kill the joker like Jason Todd in under the red hood.

thus setting up Gotham being made into the devils playground for a final fight between the white knight and the dark knight in the third movie

p.s i read the first part of knightfall a few months ago, and although it was ok, it was not great.

Making a knightfall movie would be almost like rocky III.(i dont mean with the azarel stuff in it)

also this may be old news but Sarah Jayne Dunn(Anyone from teh uk, mandy from hollyoaks)

is playing harley quinn

this would be very dumb on several levels.

also (someone probably posted this already) the movie will be dedicated to the memory of Heath Ledger.