Saw II

A.Logan

• 4 weeks later...
That I'll give you; most of the deaths were very cool, but I still can't get past, oh, just about everything else.

See, I understand criticisms of the movie. There were a lot of plotholes, and the second half of the movie just trailed off into mediocrity when it showed such promise to start with. Not to mention Cary Elwes' melodrama...ugh. So, it's not like I'm proclaiming this as a 4-star classic. But the first half of the film was can't-take-your-eyes-off-of-it material. If they make this movie more like the first hour of the original, it could be really good.

You know why I think I liked Saw so much? Because of all of these namby-pamby PG-13 pseudo-"horror" movies they keep churning out anymore. Please tell me you've noticed this trend towards PG-13 horror movies. It's pathetic. Saw was violent as all hell and it had a shitload of psychology for a while there. Maybe it was just that it was an R-rated horror flick among the sea of mediocre PG-13 movies I've been subjected to over the last 18 months. Am I the only one who thinks this?