Anime Week

Missy

That was simply fantastic. A very funny, very true column. I wish I was an anime character and  could jump 50 feet into the air.

Luke, I merged your "clichés" thread with this one, 'cause we were already discussing James' column in here.

Smooth moves, sorry about that. I'm much enjoying anime week right now. Earth-2 is becoming one of my favourite places on the net.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm much enjoying anime week right now. Earth-2 is becoming one of my favourite places on the net.

That's always good to hear.

As far as my .hack//SIGN review goes, I might not be able to get it in today since the family will be over for Thanksgiving dinner. If I don't get it in, please run something else of mine and I'll try to have it in by Tuesday

No worries. I'm sitting on two of your pieces, so, yeah, I'll run one of those.

Great job so far on everything. I especially enjoyed the AWA recap. Anime conventions are really fun. I've had a hell of a time attending Anime Expo down in Anaheim for the past couple of years. Some neat cosplayers at AWA, too... the Katamari costumes ruled. Cosplayers seem to catch a lot of shit, but I think they're fun. Some of the costumes you see around conventions are just insane... I can't even comprehend how much work must have went into some of them, haha. I'm thinking about dressing up myself when Anime Expo '06 rolls around, but I probably wouldn't go very far beyond a simple costume. :P

Anyway, great stuff so far, everyone. :yes:

Great review Kscriv. But one thing seemed odd.

In it's two-year, 60-plus episode run, it became my favorite Saturday morning show of all time

What happened to Sonic SatAM :huh:

SatAM was good, but other than the fact that it was a Sonic show (which does count for a lot), it was only good. Shaman King was all around greatness

Sorry for the delay on the Final Fantasy concert review, everyone. I've been so hooked on this new project I've started working on (and only Yoda knows about it) that I forgot to do it. I am going to write it tonight and if Yoda wants to, he can post it tomorrow. Sorry again. :doh:

If it would help (and I haven't talked to Yoda about this so if I'm wrong sorry) you prolly could take a day to do it and Yoda could post my Dip in the Pool column tomorrow and put the FF Concert review as the AF finale, onle fitting that you get the honour

If it would help (and I haven't talked to Yoda about this so if I'm wrong sorry) you prolly could take a day to do it and Yoda could post my Dip in the Pool column tomorrow and put the FF Concert review as the AF finale, onle fitting that you get the honour

If he doesn't mind posting it on Saturday, then that's perfectly fine by me.

Well, that's it folks. James' recap of Dear Friends marks the end of Anime Fortnight, and I wanted to thank James, Kellen and Anthony for working their asses off to make this possible. Great job, guys!

This doesn't mark the end of Earth-2's anime coverage by any means, however. I'm still sitting on a piece Kellen wrote, and I plan on reviewing the Hellsing manga when I have the time. So look for more anime-themed reviews and whatnot in the near future.

Dude, they played both "Vamo' Alla Flamenco" and "You Are Not Alone" from FF IX?!? Those are two of my fave game tracks ever. Man, I wish I coulda gone to that.

"Vamo Alla Flamenco" was one of my favorite pieces at the concert. The guest acoustic guitarist (whose name I've long since forgotten) was amazing.

Oh man. There are so many good songs in FFIX. I can't decide which one is my favorite. Vamo' Alla Flamenco, Hunter's Chance, Mystery Sword, Feel My Blade, Dark Messenger... I could list them all off if I wanted too.

In other news, Chibi-con was fantastic. I managed to spend about $60 within the first hour. There was a Katamari Damacy tournament in the video game room. I had never before played the game and as a result got beaten in the first round, although it was extremely close. Kscriv ended up getting the win. We watched a bunch of good anime such as Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Firestorm, the original Yu-Gi-Oh, and Bleach. We were starting to get bored by about 4 PM, but we stayed because at 6:30 they were playing Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children. That movie was absolutely awesome.

In other news, Chibi-con was fantastic. I managed to spend about $60 within the first hour. There was a Katamari Damacy tournament in the video game room. I had never before played the game and as a result got beaten in the first round, although it was extremely close. Kscriv ended up getting the win. We watched a bunch of good anime such as Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, Firestorm, the original Yu-Gi-Oh, and Bleach. We were starting to get bored by about 4 PM, but we stayed because at 6:30 they were playing Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children. That movie was absolutely awesome.

Ditto, only thing was everyone going nuts about the Katamari tourney (It was We Love Katamari btw) got the entire convention on a tight leash, only thing I'm pissed at was I missed Gundam SEED Destiny in the viewing room (after getting my brain fried watching the last 7 eps of Gundam SEED b2b2b2b2b2b2b at Skyre's Friday Night) I spent well over $150 with my big spend being RahXephon, the full collection for $90, Yugioh was good to my surprise, and there were a few others (I can't believe neither me or Skyre took a program home) that were good including one SPECTACULAR one that we forget the names of.

Also FF VII:AC, I'll put up a review for it and here's one line I'll use to describe it.

"You know how video game movies tend suck.....well this makes up for EVERY ONE OF THEM."