Every Film You've Watched in 2017

teenalphabro

9 hours ago, Dan said:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005): A movie this well-cast and this good-looking really ought to be a lot more involving. I'm not sure a film version of the book could ever possibly be satisfying, as virtually all of its humor and its ideas are driven by the language (the BBC series, which hewed closer to the original radio series, worked a lot better, coughDaveandIancoughcough). The stuff that's added really doesn't work, as it doesn't feel like the rest of the work and is generally not as funny. With that said, Martin Freeman, Mos Def, and Stephen Fry are all perfect in their roles, and Zooey Deschanel goes above and beyond in trying to make Trillian in any way interesting. While I love Sam Rockwell, he's trying a little too hard here.

Yeah, yeah, it's on the list.

I was going to make a Chris Jericho joke, but I don't think that's in your wheel-house of references.... So I didn't.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rugrats Go Wild: It's a killing time movie. Pure and simple. It's not very good and Bruce Willis as a talking dog made me wish Bruce Willis would shut up.

Corpse Bride: I enjoy it but I'm not quite sure if it's on the same level as Coraline or Nightmare Before Christmas.

Films: 109
Made-For-TV Movie: 2
MST3K/Rifftrax: 16
Repeats: 5

Best Film So Far: All About Eve
Best Film So Far that isn't one of Will's five favorite of all time: Duck Soup

Worst Film So Far That Isn't Showgirls: Cruel Intentions 2

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

So want to see!

The review is in this week's show. But spoiler alert: if you've ever enjoyed a Child's Play movie, you're going to love this.

Stand By Me: stepping it up for family movie night. Everyone loved it. Of course they did, because it's a fucking perfect movie. 

Features: 116

Shorts: 104

Documentaries: 9

Rewatches: 1

10 hours ago, Dread said:

The review is in this week's show. But spoiler alert: if you've ever enjoyed a Child's Play movie, you're going to love this.

Awesome! Despite its many flaws, I adore Child's Play for its bat-shit crazy premise. Plus, Brad Dourif is fucking amazing! How he hasn't played a Batman villain (live-action or animated), I do not know. He'd make a great Clayface, Two-Face, Black Mask, and, possibly, a raving-mad Joker.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Brad Dourif is fucking amazing! How he hasn't played a Batman villain (live-action or animated), I do not know. He'd make a great Clayface, Two-Face, Black Mask, and, possibly, a raving-mad Joker.

If Wikipedia is to be believed, he was cast as Scarecrow when Tim Burton was still set to direct Batman Forever.

Ernest Scared Stupid: I needed a movie to get ready for October. This was it. I love Ernest unironically. This is peak Ernest.

Hellboy: The Golden Army: So much better than the original. This is one of my favorite comic book movies just because it's so fun but so interesting to look at. I'm so glad that the studio was more ready to let the weird characters be front and center after that one guy in the first.

Films: 111

The Final Girls: Pleasantly fun comedy film carried by thoroughly likable characters and a funny performance by Adam Devine.

The Evil Dead: Terrifically shot and directed movie that was a very slow burn as the plot and characters are kind of nothing, but once the violence ramps up it's pretty cool. One of the goriest (live action) movies I've ever seen.

The Void: A great tribute to 80s cosmic horror films. Definitely recommend it. Outside of some wild practical effects on the monsters, it has some good gore and music.

It Follows: The fact that I've heard so many people say such good things about this movie is earned. Outside of some truly out there art direction, it captures some perfect dread. Plus, most of the protagonists didn't suck so it made it possible to cheer for them. Good on them.

Children of the Corn: Hokey but ehh. It's okay. Far from the worst Stephen King adaptation.

Black Swan: Still not sure if I count this as horror but it's still well acted by Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. Seriously, I never would have put money on Jackie being the most prolific actor out of That 70s Show!

Films: 115

Gerald's Game: for an upcoming review, but let me say this is one of the few times I've witnessed a horrifically heartbreaking moment of psychological torture, a truly terrifying visual AND intense whincing gore in one fucking movie.

Features: 119

Shorts: 111

Documentaries: 9

Rewatches: 1