Every Film You've Watched in 2018

Missy

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tag: don't get me wrong; this was not a great film. It was, however, a fucking crazy fun and hilarious comedy. I didn't know what to expect going in, but when your depressed kid wants to watch a particular movie the night before you're dropping him off at his mom's new home, you make shit happen. I'm glad I did. Everybody is great in this film. Hannibal Burress needs to have a role in EVERY comedy because no one is better than him. Also, I believe I now identify as IslaFishersexual.

Features: 121

Shorts: 42

Documentaries: 7

Rewatches:

Oh, Hello On Broadway: a performance video of a meta-theatrical two-man play performed as affected characters is so not my bag, that I would never have watched this on my own. Put it on at a friend's request last night and my face still  hurts today from laughing. I will watch this again.

Documentaries: 8

Rewatches:

On 9/17/2018 at 11:32 AM, Dread said:

Oh, Hello On Broadway: a performance video of a meta-theatrical two-man play performed as affected characters is so not my bag, that I would never have watched this on my own. Put it on at a friend's request last night and my face still  hurts today from laughing. I will watch this again.

Rewatches:

Nick Kroll and John Mulaney are two of the funniest men alive. 

Dumb and Dumber To: another request from the kids. This was a bag of fucking stupid, but still good for a few laughs. Better than most modern comedies. Still pretty unremarkable.

Zombieland: another movie night with the boys. I liked this even better on the second viewing. I recall being a little "meh" on the video game aspect of the third act, but I found it entirely fun this time (except the part where the ride hits the zombies; it's the one time the movie looks too CGI). Really great. Fun to see all these actors at this time. Abigail Breslin might have been the hottest commodity at the time. Weird.

Features: 128

Rewatches:

Daphne and Velma: This was much better than I expected. It's a movie about Daphne and Velma from Scooby Doo as high school students. The rest of the Scooby Gang isn't even mentioned and it mostly works. Like, I was expecting it to be as goranworthy as the other live-action Scooby Doo movies but the use of call-backs and mythology gags work  and I love that it is a film that is about friendship between two girls. There are some other nice touches (three male characters are in a very transparent closet, there are a couple of good fake-outs in the mystery, most of the adult actors are good).

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract: I'm kinda conflicted. It's more of the DC Animated Cinematic Universe stuff but this i the first time in forever I haven't hated Damien in one of these.

My Little Pony: The Movie: Background noise while I was playing Overwatch. It could have been worse.

In Search of Dr Seuss: TV movie from the 90s where Kathy Najimy plays a journalist learning about Dr. Seuss from a variety of cameos playing characters from/inspired by his stories. Highlight is Robin Williams reading The Cat in the Hat to a couple of girls including his daughter.

Justice League Dark: Background noise while I was playing Overwatch. It could have been worse.

Films: 60
Repeats: 3
MST3k/Rifftrax Assisted: 2
Made For TV: 2
Documentaries: 1
Straight to DVD: 5

The Power of Grayskull: this Netflix doc covers the toys and brand of He-Man. It's about as interesting and good as that Thundarr the Barbarian one on youtube but it's three times longer, so that kind of gets dragged out. They pass over the film pretty quickly and don't touch on the later comics at all, but it's still an interesting story, if a little inflated. I mean, at times I was like "c'mon, guys, it's just fucking He-Man."

Documentaries: 9

Rewatches:

19 hours ago, Dread said:

The Power of Grayskull: this Netflix doc covers the toys and brand of He-Man. It's about as interesting and good as that Thundarr the Barbarian one on youtube but it's three times longer, so that kind of gets dragged out. They pass over the film pretty quickly and don't touch on the later comics at all, but it's still an interesting story, if a little inflated. I mean, at times I was like "c'mon, guys, it's just fucking He-Man."

Rewatches:

I wish they included the money supermarket ads.

Epic+Skeletor+moneysupermarket+danca+He-

https://m.imgur.com/Qac08DZ

tumblr_ovq8b54CIG1ue779no1_400.gif

The Nice Guys: a lot of this feels like KISS KISS BANG BANG BUT IN THE 70S and that's ok, mostly. It comes into its own in the third act. Crowe and Gosling are great, seemingly playing my id and superego which was pretty weird. The standout is Angourie Rice who plays Gosling's daughter. I'm all for a Nancy Drew TV series led by her. Fuck, I'll write it!

Features: 129

Rewatches:

3 hours ago, Dread said:

The Nice Guys: a lot of this feels like KISS KISS BANG BANG BUT IN THE 70S and that's ok, mostly. It comes into its own in the third act. Crowe and Gosling are great, seemingly playing my id and superego which was pretty weird. The standout is Angourie Rice who plays Gosling's daughter. I'm all for a Nancy Drew TV series led by her. Fuck, I'll write it!

I'll say it, one of the best comedies of the last twenty years.