Every Film You've Watched in 2018

Missy

Coco: Shut up! You're crying!

Spider-Man Homecoming: Fun Spider-Man movie. I'm mainly here for Zendaya, Michael Keaton, and Marisa Tomei.

A Wrinkle in Time: Storywise, I was pretty meh. From a visual storytelling approach though? Wow! I don't care what the next thing that Ava DuVernay does, I am all over it!

Soapdish: Fun movie with a great cast. Too bad the ending is kind of antiquated, namely how the villain gets their comeuppance.

Films: 86
Repeats: 5
MST3k/Rifftrax Assisted: 3
Made For TV: 3
Documentaries: 1
Straight to DVD: 5

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mystery Team: 2009 film starring Derrick Comedy which was Donald Glover, DC Pierson and Dmominic Dierckes. This movie's about a trio of high school seniors who - after spending the past ten years had been kid-sleuths solving useless mysteries - are on the cusp of graduation and taking on the world. At times a real "Who's who" of late 2000s/early 2010s comedic faces, this is generally pretty funny although it's mostly completely carried by Donald Glover doing a way more manic and immature Troy Barnes. 

Fear: Starring Reese Witherspoon and Mark Wahlberg.

I had no idea this film existed. It's hilarious. Mid-90s teen horror film which almost always results in trash, the film isn't exactly bad but Wahlberg's natural creepiness makes it funny. William Peterson plays Reese's father who everyone treats like an idiot for rightly figuring Wahlberg to be an abusive POS. It's nuts. I'm sure @dc20willsave has probably seen it.

Destroy All Monsters: You'd think a movie where aliens mind-control Kaiju to attack the great cities of the world would be more interesting but you haven't had to spend time watching scientist bicker in a space-ship instead of watching Godzilla knockover The Statue of Liberty.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: Fun but it lays of the entire, "We're in a video game" stuff a little too thick. Also, wasn't sure if I should be offended by the Jack Black stuff or not...

Fantastic Four: This is the 2000s one. There's stuff to like (Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis) but most of it is pretty meh. The CGI on Mr. Fantastic was dated in 2005.

Films: 89
Repeats: 5
MST3k/Rifftrax Assisted: 3
Made For TV: 3
Documentaries: 1
Straight to DVD: 5

On 11/14/2018 at 2:54 AM, dc20willsave said:

Fantastic Four: This is the 2000s one. There's stuff to like (Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis) but most of it is pretty meh. The CGI on Mr. Fantastic was dated in 2005.

It sure was!

13 hours ago, teenalphabro said:

Punisher: War Zone: Eh, it's a good way to kill an afternoon. 

Films Watched: 70

Not really. And I will fight Chris Johnson on that hill.

Heat: Starring Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro

This was pretty good, better - for me - in the second half than the first. The midday bank heist gunfight was awesome, and the diner scene between Pacino and DeNiro was almost worth the price of admission. The music at the end is good too. But it's also really long, and padded out by not one, not two, but three romantic subplots (four if we're counting Dennis Haysbert). And Al Pacino's infrequently weird acting, funny as it was, took me out of the film whenever it popped up. Manhunter and Collateral both featured somewhat eccentric characters, but they never felt like they would never exist, whereas Pacino's character at times went into other worlds with his acting. And while the influences from this film are definitely identifiable in The Dark Knight, it's not a 1-1 copy like some people have said.

Once Bitten: Starring Jim Carrey

A 1985 teen sex comedy (although it's pretty tame graphically), I didn't know Jim Carrey had a career this far back before "In Living Color". It's fun, funny in parts and goofy in other parts, and 80s as fuck. I usually don't go for 80s movies of this type of immovably period, but this was enjoyable enough. Fun dance number in the third act that foreshadows The Mask.