Every Film You've Watched in 2019

Missy

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Black Christmas: The original. You can definitely see the framework of what would become the 80s slasher film. It's cool.

Better Watch Out: For some reason, I was on a Christmas Horror Film kick this morning. I'm not sure how I felt on this one. There is definitely some good performances and stuff going on for it but, without going too far into spoilers, the villain quickly became infuriating and I guess that helped make me root for them to die painfully but when you spend the last five minutes of the movie aggravated with the last 85 minutes, why should I care?

Blade II: Maybe it's Del Toro. Maybe it's the change in location. Who knows? I think it might be better than the original.

Films: 130
Documentary: 1
MST3K/Rifftrax Assisted:
Repeats: 5

The Monster Squad: It's basically The Goonies meet Dracula. It's an okay movie but I have no nostalgic connection to it so ehh?

The Evil Dead: There's traces of a classic there but no one, even Ash, ever feels like more than a body. I did forget how quick the film gets to the plot though.

Evil Dead 2: I feel like everything people remember about the original is projected from this one. This is the one that's a classic, where Ash first gets a personality. The other characters get some good moments also and the demons get some great make-up and effects.

Blade: Trinity: It's not quite as wonderful as number 2 but it's still far from a terrible film. You can see Ryan Reynolds's Deadpool getting birthed here. Also, it has Parker Posey so I can't all-out hate it. *stares at Scream 3*

Films: 134
MST3K/Rifftrax Assisted:

A Nightmare on Elm Street: A classic of the genre, definitely a favorite. Anyone who says Freddy doesn't quip until later films is dead wrong, he just isn't as over the top yet.

My Bloody Valentine: It's interesting watching a slasher where the killer isn't going after teenagers or college kids. The setting is really what makes this one interesting.

It: After watching Stranger Things earlier this year, yeah, the Nostalgia Bait is strong with this one. Still, the child actors are all great and I hope they're still working in a few years. I wouldn't mind seeing them grow into new and interesting ways.

Films: 137
MST3K/Rifftrax Assisted:

The Row: A Kind of meandering sorority slasher. There's an entire plotline about a magical Greek Only App that deletes itself that the film spends an entire plot about that goes nowhere when you wish the entire film would also.

Urban Legends: Final Cut: It's a sequel to a film that no one cared about that can't even keep it's own premise straight. Seriously, remember the urban legends about a serial killer shooting a guy in the chest?

Q: The Winged Serpent: On one hand, you have a monster with some terrible special effects. On the other, it's so cheezy that you can't help but love it!

Spooky Buddies: Okay, so it's not high art and I shouldn't expect that much out of it but Jesus Christ this was wretched!

Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-a-rama: This might be my new favorite bad movie! Justice for Babs!

Scream 3: Watching this with some friends while drunk makes me really look forward to recording with Skyler on this next year.'

Films: 143
MST3K/Rifftrax Assisted:
Repeats: 6

Stripes: a few days ago, Davin requested we watch this one, which I have no idea how he even knew it existed, but it didn't matter. I had it on Blu Ray steelbook. It holds up immensely well. Bill Murray is a genius. Harold Ramis is not a great comedic actor, but he sure plays off other people well. He smirks his ass off the entire film. LOTS OF POT WAS SMOKED. Sean Young and PJ Soles are ridiculously hot. This is the golden age of feature film comedy.

Commando: showed this to the boys tonight, and it's a small piece of action movie perfection. Eminently quotable.

Features: 136

Shorts: 15

Documentaries: 10

Rewatches: 6

The Spy Who Dumped Me: Cute spy comedy. Kate McKinnon really makes the film.

The Spy Who Loved Me: It's an okay Bond film. I can see why Jaws made it out of the film pretty well.

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword: It's an okay film. It's not terrible but far from great.

Goldeneye: It's one of my favorite Bond films. It stands up to the test of time.

Films: 147
MST3K/Rifftrax Assisted:

Zombieland 2: It makes no sense at all, but it is a fun movie. Effective horror comedy. Apparently the script writer really, really hates hippies. I thought that even for a horror comedy, it is a little too slapstick and silly. It's been a long time since I have seen it, but I don't remember the first one being this goofy.

Films watched: 31

5 hours ago, Dread said:

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare: woof. Found the worst one in the series. This is the first one I saw in the theatre, but I haven't rewatched it since. Yikes.

I've read write-ups of what they proposed for Friday 6 and I have always had a hard time to believe that any of them could have been worse than what we got.

Sleeping Beauty: I wanted to test out some stuff for Disney+ so this felt like as good a place as any.

The Little Mermaid: I missed the Live version on ABC so figured I'd go ahead and watch the original here. It's fun and easy to see why this is what Disney would have build off of for the future.

Films: 147
MST3K/Rifftrax Assisted:

2 hours ago, dc20willsave said:

I've read write-ups of what they proposed for Friday 6 and I have always had a hard time to believe that any of them could have been worse than what we got.

It has its moments. The Johnny Depp cameo is top notch. The Tom Arnold and Roseanne Barr cameo is hilarious for the four seconds of screen time they get not because of the script or acting, but because they're so coked out you can see them grinding their teeth.Some of the kills are fun, but yikes.