Round 1: Guardians of the Galaxy v Iron Man 3

Missy

Round 1: Guardians of the Galaxy v Iron Man 3  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the best

• Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Iron Man 3

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/27/2020 at 05:00 PM

For the sake of this, I should have rewatched Iron Man 3, but it's never filled me with a desire to see it more than the one time I have. Whereas Guardians of the Galaxy is a masterclass in taking a universe we already know and injecting it with the freshest vision since "Star Spangled Man." James Gunn fully understand each and every one of the Guardians and gives the actors room to breathe in the roles. And that soundtrack. *chef's kiss*

28 minutes ago, The Master said:

For the sake of this, I should have rewatched Iron Man 3, but it's never filled me with a desire to see it more than the one time I have. Whereas Guardians of the Galaxy is a masterclass in taking a universe we already know and injecting it with the freshest vision since "Star Spangled Man." James Gunn fully understand each and every one of the Guardians and gives the actors room to breathe in the roles. And that soundtrack. *chef's kiss*

You didn't miss much re: Iron Man 3. Pay no heed to that Johnson fella....

I think I'm letting the later movies cloud my judgement, but I have a hard time being as entertained by or emotionally invested in the Guardians now (that aren't Rocket and Groot or Gamora, respectively) as I did in 2014. I still think Tony's journey in IM3 is phenomenal, plus that plane rescue is a ton of fun. This might also be the last time Don Cheadle got good material.

To be fair, I haven't rewatched lately, but put me on Camp Johnson for this.

• Missy locked this topic