Round 2: Black Panther v The Avengers

Missy

Round 2: Black Panther v The Avengers  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the best

• Black Panther
    • The Avengers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/06/2020 at 05:00 PM

Black Panther has a better narrative throughline and establishes a new featured character and his universe to a tee. I think the original Avengers movie is legitimately the best of that sub-franchise, but that doesn't beat an excellent singular-focused CBM - bear in mind Mystery Men or League of Extraordinary Gentlemen achieved exactly the same thing without needing movies leading into them. I'm not saying either film is better than The Avengers, but I think the latter relies on the characterisation heavy-lifting of the individual members' films, which MM/LXG cannot and therefore doesn't.

3 minutes ago, Donomark said:

Also, I think from this whole list Ian doesn’t like any of the Avengers films...🤔

I'm with him. I think 2 is the best one, and it's not very good. Haha!

Black Panther. Not a huge fan of this movie due to the terrible CGI, but I enjoyed the casting and the stakes. One of the best villains in the MCU too.

In my opinion, 'Black Panther" gave more character to its antagonist than 'The Avengers' did for any member of the ensemble. The third act may be a bit jumbled, but I prefer it to 'The Avengers', which in recent viewings has started to feel rather silly.

There's a reason this is the Marvel film that final clinched a Best Picture nomination. The third act is a little less great but everything leading up to it is terrific. It's also just an important film. We have a Black Superhero and their blackness is such an important part of the movie and the world.

2 hours ago, Dread said:

I'm with him. I think 2 is the best one, and it's not very good. Haha!

To the contrary, I like the Avengers sub-franchise and Age of Ultron is the worst of them! If I didn't have independent thought, then yes, I'd be swayed a drunken Canadian and a bookstore stacker*. I don't need a comics reading background, just an inherent belief that I am right, such is my national background which forges our ongoing political future/decemation!

*I seriously hope that it isn't an inadvertently racist euphemism....

• Missy locked this topic