Round 2: Guardians of the Galaxy v Avengers: Infinity War

Missy

Round 2: Guardians of the Galaxy v Avengers: Infinity War  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the best

• Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Avengers: Infinity War

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/2020 at 05:00 PM

I voted for 'Guardians of the Galaxy', but I don't know (if in the 1 minute since submitting the vote) if I stand-by that. I like these both, and I think Guardians is good fun, but has a lackluster villain. In my opinion 'Infinity War' is a powerhouse and has some of the best moments of the MCU. The villain is also top-notch. This is the hardest pairing for me, and I am going back and forth. 'Guardians of the Galaxy' (technically) has my vote because it is a complete narrative, but I enjoy 'Infinity War' just as much.

Guardians. New IP, executed almost flawlessly. Refreshing, visually sumptuous and gave people a new appreciation of the likes of Chris Pratt, Batista and Karen Gillan, never mind the conceptualisation of both Rocket and Groot. Not hamstrung by MCU continuity in any way and seamlessly found a way to incorporate its soundtrack into the fabric of the film.

Infinity War is almost the opposite. Defined by MCU continuity, splintered into about 6 different focuses and disjointed as a result. Not a bad film, but a means to an end (Endgame).

Guardians did what Iron Man did in terms of bringing a previously low-profile story (to the layman) into consciousness. I do like a good film soundtrack (I like Edgar Wright films) and it's tons of fun. It's also one I'd be more likely to rewatch!

I think Infinity War did a brilliant job tying a lot of stories together well and the action is incredible. Does it work as a stand-alone? God no - that's not its purpose. But as a singular film, and that is what the poll is, it is inferior to Guardians.

54 minutes ago, Pan-dub said:

I think Infinity War did a brilliant job tying a lot of stories together well and the action is incredible. Does it work as a stand-alone? God no - that's not its purpose. But as a singular film, and that is what the poll is, it is inferior to Guardians.

Pandy swayed me. I was on the fence before now.

• Missy locked this topic