Video Game trivia

Chops

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm telling you with 99% certainty that there was such a game.

In fact, this is from Wiki:

Because Dragon's Lair and Space Ace were immensely popular, they spawned a deluge of similar games, despite the astronomical cost of the animation. To cut costs, several companies simply hacked together scenes from obscure (at least to American audiences) Japanese anime, creating games like Cliff Hanger (from Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro and Lupin III: Mystery of Mamo) and Bega's Battle (from Harmageddon).

Click here and here.

Edited by Yoda

G4 used to have a show called Starcade, and Cliff Hanger was one of the games the contestants had to play. That and a vague memory of actually playing it must have stuck with me.

Of the three you mentioned, which one was the critical flop?

Konami Code

- Name the first game to utilize the infamous code.

- Who created it?

- Why was it created?

Ah, back when G4 actually covered games, as opposed to, say, reruns of Fastlane, the Man Show and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Rant over.

The critical flop with the wide release was Braindead 13, which was released for the Jaguar, Sega CD, PC, 3DO, CD-i, Saturn, and PSone.

As for your question, I know the answer, but I think it's time I stop hogging this thing and give someone else the chance to answer.

1) Gradius

2) Hashimoto [sic?]

3) He created the code because the game was too difficult for him during development and he forgot to take the code out for the final release version of the game.

• 2 years later...