Zelda continuity

JackFetch

I've played almost every Zelda game(some of tham many times), so I picked up the Minnish Cap and a friend of mine asked if all the games take place in the same world. I assumed they all took place in the same world thousands of years apart from each other. I just assumed Link, Zelda, and Gannon were all reborn to do battle once again. Alot of the games have the same basic layout on the worldmap. The mountains are usually on the top of the map, either middle or left. The name Hyrule is always the name of the land or town. Windwaker would be the Waterworld version.

I've played almost every Zelda game(some of tham many times), so I picked up the Minnish Cap and a friend of mine asked if all the games take place in the same world. I assumed they all took place in the same world thousands of years apart from each other. I just assumed Link, Zelda, and Gannon were all reborn to do battle once again. Alot of the games have the same basic layout on the worldmap. The mountains are usually on the top of the map, either middle or left. The name Hyrule is always the name of the land or town. Windwaker would be the Waterworld version.

You are correct.

• 9 months later...

I really don't give a shit. I like being able to just jump into each game without any continuity bogging it down. It helps I've never gotten round to finishing a Zelda though :)

I just see it as different takes on a common legend, almost perhaps as if these games never really ever strictly happened, and they're just a collection of different stories loosely based on these one legendary theme.

Oh man, the cross between Yoshi's Island, the old DK games, the old Mario Bros. (as in, not "Super" Mario Bros.), the Super Mario games, all the sports with time travel involved (baby mario and luigi with old mario and luigi!)...

Somebody needs to sort out Mario's continuity! How will I sleep!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest DCAUFan1051
regardless of the dang timeline my fav Zelda is A Link to the Past on SNES

Same here. It's the the pinnacle of gaming in my eyes.

best Zelda Game EVER!!!!!!! A Link To The Past

I have it in my FC Twin right now and I'm battling Gannon