Reminise with me.

Kscriv

OK I'm planning on doing a peice soon that will be a list of my top 18 fvorite things (that fall under the categories of this site) in my first 18 years, kind of a childhood retrospective. So lord knows that in 18 years some good memories can get lost in the vastness of the brain, so what I'm asking you the forumites, is to list off anything that you may have enjoyed, or think I may have enjoyed, no rhyme or reason needed just throw some ideas out there, maybe you'll jog my memory some.

How do you plan on structuring the article?

Personally, I'd like to see it in list form, starting with 1989 (Year One, so to speak) and ending with 2006. After each year / entry, you could then explain your choice (i.e. why it's important, what it means to you, how it shaped your life, etc.). So it would look something like this:

1989: Genesis is released in North America.

- [your reasoning]

1990: ?

- [your reasoning]

1991: Sonic the Hedgehog is released in North America.

- [your reasoning]

1992: ?

- [your reasoning]

1993: ?

- [your reasoning]

1994: ?

- [your reasoning]

1995: ?

- [your reasoning]

1996: ?

- [your reasoning]

1997: ?

- [your reasoning]

1998: ?

- [your reasoning]

1999: ?

- [your reasoning]

2000: ?

- [your reasoning]

2001: ?

- [your reasoning]

2002: ?

- [your reasoning]

2003: InuYasha begins airing on YTV.

- [your reasoning]

2004: Earth-2.net goes live. :D

- [your reasoning]

2005: ?

- [your reasoning]

2006: ?

- [your reasoning]

It was just going to be a top 18, so there may be multiple things from from multiple years (i.e. FF VII & Pokemon both came out in 1997, I can't dump either one), also there's some stuff that devuted before 1988 that I plan to have on the list (Star Trek: TNG, which debuted in 1987, will probably make the list.) so just throw whatever out.

Hmmm... off the top of my head...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I was always stuck as Donetello. Feh.

The very first video game I recall owning: Might and Magic 3. I never questioned any of it's faults, it was wonderful.

Pokemon. Thinking it was stupid initialy and then actually playing the game. That's the sole reason why we got a Game Boy Color.

Oh lordy, and the card game... don't even get me started on that.

Getting addicted to online play for the first time in my life, spending roughly a year devoted to Age of Mythology. I became quite the map creator in that game, it made me happy every time I saw one of my maps being played throughout the net.

Enrique getting me sucked into not only wrestling, but the Oratory.

The first console we owned: PS1, with Crash Bandicoot 2 as our first purchase. We saved for what seemed like forever to buy it.

First great multiplayer experience we had was some form of Bomberman on the PS1, with our cheap, off-brand multi-tap and cheap, off-brand controlers that never worked right.

Holy crap, can I ramble. I hope I didn't bore anyone to tears.