Justice League Unlimited

James D.

I have read that either tonight's episode or next week's episode will feature the return of Amazo and Lex Luthor to the Justice League shows. Amazo will be gunning for Luthor for revenge or something.

All I can say is--FUCK YES. Amazo kicked the JLA's ass all over the place last time and I can't wait to see how Green Arrow and the other new members react to the android.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Saturday's episode was brilliant. Amazo returned to Earth and basically kicked the ass of every Justice League member around (except Batman because for some reason, he was nowhere to be found) while trying to find Luthor. Luthor's dialogue with Amazo when Atom shrinks him into the subatomic universe is OUTSTANDING. I urge you all to watch the replay of this episode. Check Cartoon Network's website for the replay time.

• 4 months later...

I can't get into this show for some reason, the timeslot goes head-to-head in Canada with a show called "Back In" on MuchMoreMusic and I love BI so much I can't get into JLU.

Also, the only reason I know when it's on is because I happen to watch the lead-in (DBZ reruns I haven't seen yet)

I'll never forgive Bruce Timm for just giving up on Batman Beyond, but his direction on JLU has been phenomenal. Every episode has moments that you sit back and have to watch over again because they were so well written. For example:

(Secret agents take custody of the dying metahumans they created except for one.)

Batman: Longshadow is with us.

Agent Amanda Waller: Safeties...

(Men line up to fire at Batman, and Supes and Aquaman step in to guard him.)

Batman: (with a huge smirk) Mine are bigger than yours.

Waller: Stand down. He's free to go with you......for however long he's got.

Batman: Who are you people?

Waller: That's a matter of national security. And if I were you, I wouldn't probe too deeply...rich boy.

(Batman stands in shock that this person knows who he is. Waller walks off.)

It really is brilliant writing like that that has made me download every episode to my computer. I have all but one episode of JLU that has aired on TV.

For those of you who are interested, this Saturday on a brand-new episode of Justice League Unlimited, Superman is fighting Doomsday. I kinda sorta doubt Supes is going to die, but I can't fucking wait for it.

I thought that other-dimension Superman had already pretty much killed Doomsday in an older season episode. Is this true?

For those of you who are interested, this Saturday on a brand-new episode of Justice League Unlimited, Superman is fighting Doomsday.  I kinda sorta doubt Supes is going to die, but I can't fucking wait for it.

I thought that other-dimension Superman had already pretty much killed Doomsday in an older season episode. Is this true?

He lobotomized Doomsday. I'm hoping that they address this, but if not, PLOTHOLE ALERT!!! :ph34r:

Any episode with Darkseid is almost guaranteed to be awesome. His lines are (no pun inended) godly. But "The Ties That Bind" was pretty lackluster (and hey, it didn't have Darkseid in it) until the end of it.

EDIT: And "The Once and Future Thing" 2-parter was terrific. I've watched Part 2 (Time, Warped) like 15 times.

Edited by James D.

I LOVE THIS SHOW... and I never get to watch it, cause I'm never around on Saturday nights. I'm just praying they start airing it during the day on weekdays... I loved when Cartoon Network would show Justice League at like 5 on weekdays.

They repeat the new episodes shown on Saturday nights on the following Sunday evening at 5:00pm, I believe.

Greatest. Justice League. Episode. Ever.

***SPOILERS***

They handled the continuity arc beautifully with the Justice Lords and Doomsday. Plus, not only have they set up future episodes for when Luthor is eventually elected president, but they've also possibly set up a "Tower of Babel"-like story down the road with Batman being so disgusted with Superman and the League at the end of the episode.

Greatest. Justice League. Episode. Ever.

***SPOILERS***

They handled the continuity arc beautifully with the Justice Lords and Doomsday. Plus, not only have they set up future episodes for when Luthor is eventually elected president, but they've also possibly set up a "Tower of Babel"-like story down the road with Batman being so disgusted with Superman and the League at the end of the episode.

Damn right. I'm really glad I got to watch this episode... even though I've only seen around 3 episodes of the new run, I've loved them all.

• 3 weeks later...

Waller: That's a matter of national security. And if I were you, I wouldn't probe too deeply...rich boy.

(Batman stands in shock that this person knows who he is. Waller walks off.)

That episode aired this past Saturday, and I marked so damn hard when she called Batman "rich boy."

Question: How did Professor Hamilton end up working with Cadmus? I thought he was with STAR Labs

Waller: That's a matter of national security.  And if I were you, I wouldn't probe too deeply...rich boy.

(Batman stands in shock that this person knows who he is.  Waller walks off.)

That episode aired this past Saturday, and I marked so damn hard when she called Batman "rich boy."

Question: How did Professor Hamilton end up working with Cadmus? I thought he was with STAR Labs

Can't answer the question, but that was one of my favorite episodes yet. (The Greatest Story Never Told being my fave.) I love the use of the Superfriends charecters as the Ultamen. I thought that was a nice touch.

Waller: That's a matter of national security.  And if I were you, I wouldn't probe too deeply...rich boy.

(Batman stands in shock that this person knows who he is.  Waller walks off.)

They never really explained other than that Hamilton likely felt betrayed by Superman turning rogue when Darkseid invaded Earth. So, he took Supergirl's DNA and cloned her so that they have a Supergirl of their own in case something else like that happens again. He probably joined up with Cadmus because of the whole mutual enemies scenario.

Watch Episode 6 (Fearful Symmetry) for more information. The Question absolutely owns that episode. And anything with Green Arrow is good.