Marvel Reccommendations

elnino14

• 3 months later...

I read a whole bunch of stuff:

Daredevil Underboss, OUT, and the Greatest Trial ever (10): This was just so awesome and I'm not even a huge fan of the character but this ruled hard...harder than the stuff the Kevin Smith wrote. I loved the Underboss arc so much, it just felt like part-Godfather and I'm a huge fan of mafia related movies/stories. The Out arc was cool...fascinating in the idea that it's never really happened before and it felt realistic in the way it was handled. It made me feel for the Murdock character more than ever before. THe trial was just written so well and it felt part of the arc...because everything to do in the Out arc has to do with the Superheros put on "trial" in a different sense.

X-Factor Visionaries Peter David Vol 1 (7.5): It was good fun, but the dialogue is pretty interchangeable at this point. David is only just starting to get a hold of the characters. But you can tell great things are on the horizon. I really liked the issues with Madrox's power wigging out...those were the most enetertaining. Plus it showed a really goofy side to Quicksilver that I never thought he had in him.

Madrox (9.0): Really really entertaining stuff that was incredibly well written. I really liked the way it's supposed to be noir-ish but a parody at the same time. The villains aren't all that interesting but the X-factor team is what keeps this book together and the highlight of the book. I like the new Guido he doesn't look as goofy as he does in the 90's X-factor.

Marvel 1602 (8.5): I'm not really sure what to think. It was really good...but at the same time it fell apart for me in the last couple of issues. I really liked the build up- the intrigue of what's going on. Nick Fury and Dr. Strange take really prominent roles here which is really nice to see. But I just didn't like everything after the Doom fight. It just was I don't know not what I wanted to hear or see.

New Avengers: The Sentry (8.0): Bendis is like my favorite writer ever and the New Avengers book gets better and better. I liked this one because I felt like part of the book. Like nobody knew who Sentry was and neither did I, so it's part mystery. Plus the book is partly just pure fun to read with really exciting action sequences as they gather the escaped prisoners. The team really seems to be coming together. I forgot to ask what is Tony Stark saying about SHIELD at the end of the book, I can't exactly remember what happened in the Savage Land, outside of tension between SHIELD and the Avengers?

I still got two more arcs of Morrison's New X-Men to reread before I make another order which will probably have some more New Avengers vol 3 and either the rest of New X-men or some more Daredevil, right now I'm leaning toward Daredevil because I dig it more. Plus there is still X-factor books, Astonishing X-men books, New Avengers, and Civil War prelude/books on the horizon that I want to get.