Iron Man

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now I present to you...the Iron Man spoiler zone (last updated March 5, 2008)

Confirmed:

* Playing Tony Stark/Iron Man is Robert Downey Jr., a lifelong fan of Marvel Comics. Rounding out the primary cast are Terrence Howard (James Rhodes), Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper Potts) and Jeff Bridges (Obadiah Stane).

* Samuel L. Jackson will be seen in the movie playing the commander of S.H.I.E.L.D., Colonel Nick Fury. In geekspeak, Jackson is playing the Marvel Ulimate universe version of the character. In the comic books the visual look of Nick Fury is directly based on Jackson. Precisely how many scenes Fury will be seen in the movie remains unknown.

* Three versions of the Iron Man armor will be seen in the movie: the Mark I (a.k.a. the “diving bell” model used in the 1960s Iron Man comic book series), the Mark II (an all-chrome version) and the Mark III (a sleek, streamlined design colored gold and red).

* In the comic books Tony Stark was injured fighting in the Vietnam War. The movie updates this to the modern day and has him injured in Afghanistan.

* Jarvis is the name of Stark’s home computer system. In the comic books Jarvis is the butler of the Avengers.

* Unlike the Tony Stark in the comics who is based on the east coast, the movie version of Stark lives on the west coast.

* William Hurt filmed a scene with Robert Downey Jr. Hurt played General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, a character that will be seen in The Incredible Hulk movie one month later.

* The character of War Machine, a weaponed-out Iron Man suit worn by James Rhodes in the Iron Man comics series, will not make an appearance in the movie. The idea is that War Machine is being saved for a sequel.

* Tony Stark’s alcoholism will not be addressed in the first film.

* Stan Lee will make a cameo as a man who has three beautiful blondes draped on his arm. Stark will mistake him for Hugh Hefner.

* Director Jon Favreau has commented on the many rumors swirling about the film and doesn’t want to confirm or deny any of them, preferring to keep the mystery going for as long as he can.

Rumored:

* It’s widely believed that Hilary Swank filmed scenes in the movie but as what character? Some fansites surmise that she is playing Natasha Romanov (a.k.a. The Black Widow, a Russian black ops/secret agent), other suggest that she is playing Sharon Carter, a S.H.I.E.L.D. soldier and ally of Captain America.

* It’s rumored—but unconfirmed—that in addition to William Hurt playing his character from The Incredible Hulk in the Iron Man film that Edward Norton may also make a cameo.

* Before filming began on the film it was bandied about that the primary villain was The Mandarin. All indications is that is no longer the case as all advance promotional material and rumors have indicated the movie’s bad guy is the Iron Monger. However, there is still a possibility that The Mandarin will be mentioned during the course of the movie and possibly his presence will be felt during the events we’ll see.

* Jon Favreau has stated that he wants to make a live-action Avengers movie. If there is indeed a cameo by Bruce Banner and/or The Hulk, could there also be hints or cameos of the other major founding members of the comic book Avengers: the mighty Thor, Doctor Strange and Ant-Man?

Debunked:

* A rumor from 2006 said that actress Famke Janssen would play a love interest for Tony Stark. There is no evidence that Janssen is in the film at the present time—but she’d make a wicked Black Widow, dont’cha think?

http://movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/moviebl...n_spoiler_zone/

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to know, we can see that Robert Downey Jr. has a cameo in the film The Incredible Hulk, but has he done any interviews about when and if he's shot the scene yet?

Also Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury is an awesome choice, I know many die hard comic book fans will disapprove with the ethnic change, but come on, he is a great actor. I wasn't too thrilled with Snakes on the Plane, but he's great in his acting.

You have to admit Michael Clarke Duncan was great when he played and voiced Kingpin in the Daredevil film and Spider-Man MTV Cartoon episode. John Rhyes Davies wasn't really a good Kingpin, even though he is the right ethnicity.

I thought Clarke Duncan was a wonderful Kingpin, color be damned.

As for Jackson, I think it is cool. I hate when they change a lot of stuff in these movies, but skin color isn't the worst thing ever, unless it's also bad casting. Like if they casted Shawn Wayans as Nick Fury.

The official trailer site has a HD clip from the movie. It looks so awesome.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/index.html

Also, have you guys seen the toys out in stores yet? There is one that talks and if he sounds like that in the movie it's exactly the way he always sounded in my head.

And how often do you hear Iron Man in your head? :huh:

The official trailer site has a HD clip from the movie. It looks so awesome.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/index.html

Also, have you guys seen the toys out in stores yet? There is one that talks and if he sounds like that in the movie it's exactly the way he always sounded in my head.

And how often do you hear Iron Man in your head? :huh:

Every time I read a comic with him in it, which lately is just about everything Marvel prints. It's not like I walk around with him telling me to kill the neighbors dog or anything.