The big five-oh

Missy

If all goes as planned, the 50th episode will air on Friday, August 11. It being a bit of a milestone, what would you like to hear us cover? (FYI: Watchmen, Batman: Year One and The Dark Knight Returns are all out. They're scheduled for later dates.)

Personally I'm thinking of making that the all-Superman episode. (What better time to cover all things Superman, especially the four Christopher Reeve films?) But I'm open to other suggestions.

Comic book events. You can over the big ones, and talk about how it changed things and if they still affect things today. Like if The Secret Wars had not of happened, there wouldn't be a Venom.

Just an idea.

I will second Senor Fetch! I'll even contribute an mp3 for this one! I know you're all gnashing at the teeth to hear my opinion :P

Comic book events. You can go over the big ones, and talk about how it changed things and if they still affect things today. Like if The Secret Wars had not of happened, there wouldn't be a Venom.

Just an idea.

Even though I like this idea, I have to rule it out. Besides Civil War, Jenny's never read a company-wide event, and would have nothing to contribute.

So, would an audio review of Street Fighter: The Movie be apropos? :angel:

:devil:

The more and more I think about it, the more and more I like the idea of a rant show. It may not be episode 50, but there's a good chance we might have an all-rant episode à la the all-vampire, all-Muppets and all-cartoon shows we've already produced.

So, would an audio review of Street Fighter: The Movie be apropos? :angel:

:devil:

The more and more I think about it, the more and more I like the idea of a rant show. It may not be episode 50, but there's a good chance we might have an all-rant episode à la the all-vampire, all-Muppets and all-cartoon shows we've already produced.

Cool.

If 50 isn't the rant show then how about a "50 favourite" things episode? 2 hours, countdown from 50 to 1 (being nice enough to compromise with Jenny of course) describing why you love these things (comics, characters, stories, novels, video games, toys, statues, etc....)

If 50 isn't the rant show then how about a "50 favourite" things episode? 2 hours, countdown from 50 to 1 (being nice enough to compromise with Jenny of course) describing why you love these things (comics, characters, stories, novels, video games, toys, statues, etc....)

WOW! I think we have a winner! Let me consult with Jenny on this, and get back to you within the next day or two.

This might be a bit harder for Jenny, so she might have a list that both generalizes and gets specific. Such as:

01. Kermit the Frog

09. Muppets

26. Miss Piggy

Muppets encompasses all things related to the topic (the TV show, movies, characters, etc.) and is kind of vague, while Kermit and Piggy had a big enough influence on her that they warrant their own entries.

Episode 100 is Watchmen.

It might take me that long to understand all of it.

That's exactly why I'm giving Jenny that long. As it stands, episode 100 will air on May 25, 2007. (This date hinges on us producing only one episode per week post-November.) That gives her nearly one year to read it and take comprehensive notes. (Me too. I need to reread it.)

How's this, if you do the top 50 list, could you throw off certain selections to those who know more about it (like if there's something in the 40s you like, but say DW, Ian, James or myself know more about it or like it more, you have us do that)

Why would we have others talk about items on our lists? We're not going to give a history of each selection, but rather an explanation of what they mean to us. Having anyone else explain why they're important to us seems... silly.