Heroes - SPOILERS!

just as we lost the Wonder Twins

Maya and Alejandro?

That's be them. Any time an episode was in danger of becoming interesting or staying on point, it would immediately zip over to the twins' storyline and the whole thing would screech to a halt. It was a miscalculated storyline that took forever to either A) do something, or B) end. Even Tim Kring admitted in an interview with... I want to say CBG, but it might have been Wizard... that they weren't working and they were trying to resolve their storyline quickly. By that point, though, the damage was done and people were leaving the show. Kring said that they had forgotten what worked in the first season and needed to get back on track. Which they really did towards the end; the last month or so was heads and shoulders above the rest of the season that preceded it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love this show. I thought season 2 was overall pretty good, and I, like all of you, hope Nathan sticks around. I'm really curious as to what Mrs. Petrelli's power is (though I think Yoda's partly correct, but there are certain elements of that hypothesis that don't quite fit). I think season 2 benefited from the writer's strike, as I don't believe dragging the plot out another 11 episodes would have helped the show-I thought that was part of season 1's downfall. You sort of knew what was going to happen 3 or 4 episodes before the finale, so when it happened it was kind of anticlimactic (but still cool).

I'm so glad Alejandro is dead because Maya is drop dead gorgeous. Call me biased, but I don't mind her character so much. The combination of Maya and Alejandro was terrible, but it's over. Maybe Maya could become a love interest for Suresh? I don't think that would be too bad. I'm kind of disappointed Niki AND DL are dead. I do like Monica, though, so it could prove to be an interesting storyline.

I also really like the angle with Bob and his daughter (whose name I forget). I think those two characters are really cool, and I like how Bob resides in this weird gray area. You're never sure what his motives are and what the hell is going on. I hope they explore what the hell the company is in this new season. Yeah, and I just read the last page, knowing what powers all of the founders had would be really cool.

Can someone explain what "Villains" is really quickly? I've seen it mentioned in this thread and am far too lazy to do any real research on it.

I edited this because I'm dyslexic.

Ah, cool. I also have to say I'm an Ando fan. There's no good reason for it, I just think he's awesome. There needs to be more Ando. They could just open season 3 with West...exploding for no reason and use all that time that West took up for Ando.

• 3 weeks later...
I've been pessimistic about "Heroes" for a while now, since NBC and show creator Tim Kring started expanding the brand too quickly last summer. The lousy second season only confirmed my fears.

So I'm relieved to hear NBC's Ben Silverman finally talking some sense about the show. The network is bringing back "Heroes" on September 15, with a one-hour clip episode and then a two-hour premiere. "We consciously chose to rest ['Heroes'] this spring so that Tim Kring and his team could get ahead of the creative and build up to a massive event -- a three-hour 'Heroes' night," Silverman said this week.

What's this? Respect for the creative process? Revolutionary, Silverman!

Another good sign: "Heroes: Origins," the prequel spin-off miniseries, has been chucked into the scrap heap where it belongs. "We were taxing our creative team to do too much around that," Silverman said. "We wanted 35 'Heroes' [episodes] and 12 'Heroes: Origins,' each of which was supposed to be a mini-movie and backdoor pilot. We reached far and challenged our people, and we decided it was better to focus on keeping the Heroes mothership as strong as possible."

I'm really hoping creator Kring and his writers will pull it all together, since they now have the time, and give us a third season that's worthy of the first season's promise. Otherwise, "Heroes" will have to go down in TV history as the classic example of squandered potential.

I was looking forward to Origins more than the actual show itself. A good origin can launch an amazing character and a whole bunch of this sort of thing could be very interesting, especially if some of thier stories were getting thier own glimpses into the larger overall plot.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not tagging my spoilers, mainly because of the thread title.

So...uh....about Niki, how the fuck did she go from trapped in a burning building that exploded trying to save DL's niece, to working for the governor of New York with an apparent established relationship within a matter of DAYS (although the passage of time in this show gets really f'ed up sometimes, maybe it's been longer)? I'm thinking Jessica (her sister, not the personality) maybe isn't so dead. And what happened to Micah and the girl with muscle memory? Are they just, gone?

Mohinder being the Fly (or whatever his molting is going to turn him into, Spider-Man?) is annoying too.

Is future Peter transferring the brains of Sylar's victims to random people in Africa? It would explain how that guy could paint the future, although others have had the same powers before (Claire and Adam, Parkman and his father, Nathan and West, possibly Micah and the chick who could use the Internet). And if he is, where did he get THAT ability.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Peter permanently has all those powers right? Why didn't he just blink away and bring Claire back to save Nathan instead of telling her she was too far away to help? If her blood can save him that would have been the smart thing to do.

Does Hiro need to know exactly where he's going or does something pull him to go to the exact place he wants to see, or where he needs to be as was the case last season? Somehow he ended up at the exact time he wanted to go to in order to see the destruction of the world.

What's with all the repeating powers? We saw another future painter, and two different flame throwers in this episode.

I like the whole thing with the guys that broke out and kind of resemble the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

Interesting that the reporter said "ice queen heats things up" right before she turned him into ice, then steam was coming from the chunks. I wonder if her power is not as simple as we thought. If it worked on the power of suggestion then when she says she's not Nicky, then she becomes someone else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Peter permanently has all those powers right? Why didn't he just blink away and bring Claire back to save Nathan instead of telling her she was too far away to help? If her blood can save him that would have been the smart thing to do.

Because one of the Peters had already healed him using Linderman's power, so Claire wasn't needed. Also, as both Hiro and Ms. Petrelli have pointed out, bending the space-time continuum often has unintended consequences. I'm also thinking that since he's decided to bottle up the fact that he can fly, Nathan's mind is coping in a similar method to Niki's (seeing other people, eventually multiple personalities). Probably why those characters were reunited (sort of, anyway). Peter using Linderman's power was just a convenient way to reintroduce the man.

Does Hiro need to know exactly where he's going or does something pull him to go to the exact place he wants to see, or where he needs to be as was the case last season? Somehow he ended up at the exact time he wanted to go to in order to see the destruction of the world.

I think he needs an idea, but I'm not sure he yet has exact control over it. As we saw in the episode, he doesn't (or can't) fully stop time.

Interesting that the reporter said "ice queen heats things up" right before she turned him into ice, then steam was coming from the chunks. I wonder if her power is not as simple as we thought. If it worked on the power of suggestion then when she says she's not Nicky, then she becomes someone else.

I still don't think it's Niki. Don't see how it could be unless she can time travel too.

Because one of the Peters had already healed him using Linderman's power, so Claire wasn't needed. Also, as both Hiro and Ms. Petrelli have pointed out, bending the space-time continuum often has unintended consequences. I'm also thinking that since he's decided to bottle up the fact that he can fly, Nathan's mind is coping in a similar method to Niki's (seeing other people, eventually multiple personalities). Probably why those characters were reunited (sort of, anyway). Peter using Linderman's power was just a convenient way to reintroduce the man.

Nope, that was afterwards. I'm talking about in the ambulance right after the shooting. Peter didn't know anything about the the other Peter at the time so wouldn't know anyone would heal him.

As for Nikki/Karen. We know there are at least 3 of them. Nikki, Karen, and the one Dr. Zimmerman thought Karen was. Clones or sisters?

Nope, that was afterwards. I'm talking about in the ambulance right after the shooting. Peter didn't know anything about the the other Peter at the time so wouldn't know anyone would heal him.
Okay, I'll phrase it a little differently. Peter has access to Linderman's power, and wouldn't need to waste Claire's time (or risk the butterfly effect). He couldn't use it in the ambulance because there were witnesses.

As for Nikki/Karen. We know there are at least 3 of them. Nikki, Karen, and the one Dr. Zimmerman thought Karen was. Clones or sisters?

Clones, probably. Micah brought up the birth certificates, it would have been noted if the birth mother were the same. Unless they were triplets going to three different families using the same surrogate mother. But the Dr. said "I made you" so they're probably clones.

Doesn't it seem weird that the guy in Africa's future seeing seems limited to Matt Parkman? What a lame power.

Doesn't it seem weird that the guy in Africa's future seeing seems limited to Matt Parkman? What a lame power.

Not so much a lame power, but that he got stuck with a lame subject. Too bad he didn't get to watch the life of a stripper or something.

I notice nobody has mentioned the speedster yet. I like her. She's the spunky young kid that the show needs since they completely changed Claire's personality.

So Peter and Sylar are really brothers, I thought it was ploy to control Sylar.

Plus Peter now has Sylar's power and the hunger that goes with it. I like that Sylar's power has a side effect to it, more powers should have side effects.

A line drawn in the future between People who were born with powers and those who were given them? Interesting. I wonder how Mrs Petrelli's vision of Adam, Tracey? and the other two killing heroes plays into it all. And Adams back, awesome.

The episode should have ended with Gabrial telling Peter he would have made more food if he knew Peter was coming.

Poor Suresh as well