Heroes - SPOILERS!

That was the turning point of the season. We get to see how everyone fits into each others lives. The "bomb" was exactly the same as from the first season. I wonder what power Sylar was using when he was punching that guy. His fists were sort of glowing. I thought Peter was about to get his scar when Claire was cutting him but no, just a tease.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked this episode. It was pretty much awesome.

There were two things that bothered me:

Shouldn't Peter have had Sylar's power for awhile now? I guess unlike Sylar (until now, anyway) Peter didn't necessarily have full command of the powers (i.e. he hasn't demonstrated thought manipulation as Parkman has), whereas Sylar had full control from the get go. Maybe that explains the lack of the "hunger."

And the one that's always bothered me...how come the Haitian's powers work against Peter? Seriously. No one else's really do (he was drugged around Elle). Shouldn't he be supressing the Haitian's power?

I wonder if Peter unintentionally picked up Mohinder's ability?

I thought it was Ted's power he used

I don't know. It looked different than anything we've seen. He used Ted's power to blow up, but it looked like he was doing something to make his fists super hard or do extra damage. Plus, he didn't burn the guy as he was punching him.

Also, wasn't Hiro in a room that suppressed his powers? That means the Haitian is suppressed now also. Why would he go in there where he is outnumbered with no powers?

I don't know. It looked different than anything we've seen. He used Ted's power to blow up, but it looked like he was doing something to make his fists super hard or do extra damage. Plus, he didn't burn the guy as he was punching him.

I thought it was Ted's at first too, but I think we can safely assume that Sylar has more powers than we've actually seen him acquire. For that matter, so does Peter. Where did he get that ability to trap people in other's bodies?

Also, wasn't Hiro in a room that suppressed his powers? That means the Haitian is suppressed now also. Why would he go in there where he is outnumbered with no powers?
It's not the room that suppresses the powers. It's the drugs or the Haitian. The flame thrower guy in Level 5 was using his power. Sylar has used his power in Level 5 (twice, actually, in Season One when he breaks out, and just recently when Ms. Petrelli gave him that chick). Peter used his abilities in Season 2 to free Adam. I have no idea why Hiro didn't just blink out. Maybe he has to stop time and actually walk there or something. Also, it wasn't clear how long they were there. It's possible the Haitian was simply monitoring them the whole time, which is why he just happened to walk in as soon as they got the grate off of the vent.

Also, despite Hiro's training, he is swordless. And straight up, my money would be on the Haitian against Hiro and Ando. The Haitian learned from the best, after all.

The ratings are in a steep slide downwards. How I Met your Mother beat it in the ratings for the first time last week. They better get their act together or this will be the last season.

Anyone else see the irony after their pre-premiere show going on and on about how the show was number one all over the world?

Yeah, I don't care about Claire any more in fairness I didn't really care for the character in the first place. Also they seem to have killed off the whole Noah's a good guy looking out for his family vibe that built up in Season 1, he seems to gone back a couple of steps in character development, here's an idea, Haitan blocks powers so put him and Sylar in a room and shoot him in the head, problem gone.

Yeah Hiro and Adam continue to make this show awesome, my favourite part last season was the Hiro's in the past bit. The whole Peter now has Sylars power now could really backfire on them, and they need to depower both Sylar and Peter. Uber powerful good guys aren't that interesting for long, see Wolverine, Cable, Superman.

And Nathan's power is artifical, interesting to see who elses is as well.

I think there is still some hangover for the crap that was the second season. You can only blame the writers strike for so long. They need to get back to what made Season 1 so great. I watched the whole of S1 again and watching all together, its just a slow burn till it explodes at the end and the pay off was great.

• 2 weeks later...

Now granted I haven't seen Saw V and it might not be the greatest analogy, but basically they went back to the beginning of the show and created a number of ridiculous revelations. HRG and Elle were partners and threw a guy at Sylar so that they could record him using his ability. Elle is shown as being pretty compassionate towards Sylar and didn't want to do that to him, but that doesn't jive with her being such a crazy, cold bitch when she first appeared. And remember that train wreck Claire went into at the beginning of the series? Yeah, that was caused by her biological mother running from an agent from the company. And her biological mother is the sister of the villain with the fire powers. Okay, Saw V wasn't the best analogy, but the connections between all the characters that they flasback to are absolutely ridiculous at this point.

not even a good episode, they really have wrecked HRG's character and Sylar, he could have been the monster seeking to redeem himself and now we find out the company turned him into a monster and he's a victim in this.

WTF

I miss the days when HRG was a douchebag because he was protecting his daughter, not because he really is a douchebag.