Heroes - SPOILERS!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
To restore the super to Heroes, the show is going -- but of course -- to Smallville!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the struggling NBC drama has tapped John Glover, a.k.a. Lex Luthor's dad, Lionel, to play Sylar's father.

"When Sylar meets his father, he's going to see a path ahead of him that he doesn't want to take," reveals a Heroes insider. "He has a lot more in common with his father than he realized."

The Tony award winner, who recently booked an arc on Brothers & Sisters as a love interest for Ron Rifkin's Saul, will turn up towards the end of Heroes' forthcoming "Fugitives" chapter.

Link

As soon as I get out, they pull me back in.

My friends and I that watch it together have stopped even attempting to take this seriously. We'll just spend most of the hour yelling at the TV screen.

Though with this last episode maybe the writers are getting their groove back.

The massive retcon that happened this season was interesting, to say the least.

(I started watching this earlier in the year (it was either this year or last year, can't remember, I think in terms of school years at this point), back in season two with the Latin Wonder Twins.)

I'm glad they've euthanized this chapter. I LOVE that Ando and Hiro got more time in the last episode, minus the "Hiro is 10" angle, they've been consistently the best part of the show for three seasons, and no one believed me until recently. With the exception of the useless and whiny as fuck Peter Petrelli, the non-powered characters, like Noah and Ando, (now Hiro) have been my favourite throughout the show's run. And hell, the Hiro as a 10 year old angle was cute, at least initially.

The last episode marked a big step in the right direction. Peter's powered up, Ando's got a power while Hiro loses his, The Company has to go underground and start saving powered people (like in season 1) and we've got Peter potentially squaring off with Nathan, which is just awesome. If the new writers come online early this chapter, it's got potential to be awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, it's gone to shit again. And now this:

Advertising Age reports that while NBC is moving forward on a fourth season of "Heroes," you can expect fewer episodes.

NBC is expected to trim the number of episodes of its sci-fi drama it airs next season, according to people familiar with the situation, and also run those episodes closer together to avoid interruptions to the story line week by week. The network is considering running 18 to 20 episodes of the series in the [2009-2010] season, those people said, down from 25 this season.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8274

Maybe they should just cancel it. The show doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

This is possibly the worst thought out solution in history.

So, Sylar slit Nathan's throat, and he is le dead. They incapacitate him through Peter picking up the shapeshifting power and tranqing him. Angela's been having dreams of Matt saving Nathan, and chooses to interpret this as using Matt (with Noah's backing) to alter the very core of Sylar's thoughts, making him think that "Sylar" is dead, and that he is Nathan. But, as evidenced in the Volume Five preview, bits of Sylar's personality stick, and makes me think that he's probably going to come back.

Also, WTF is up with Hiro 's random brain damage? They only touch on it briefly, and then wave it off like oh, he'll never try to stop time again (and if you think that, your writing is bad and you should feel bad). Also, why would it only be taking effect now, after Matt Jr started his powers back up?

Also, Sylar/Claire was incredibly creepy. The end.

I just finished it and that was the worst ending to a story arc ever.

Why has Hiro not had his powers normally in 2 seasons? He's always been either powerless, a child, or killing himself when he uses them.

I absolutely hate what Claire has become. She's completely useless and annoying.

They had the biggest fight in the whole series and we didn't get to see any of of it.

By Killing off Nathan they have written themselves into a corner for when Sylar comes back. Of course they'll probably just show us a new person with the power to bring the dead back to life. Also, how does Matt know every little detail of Nathan's life to put in Sylar's head? He should be able to make him think he was Nathan, but he couldn't give him all his memories unless he already had them which brings up a whole different set of questions.

The Sylar/Claire thing was not only creepy, but ridiculous. They are trying to set up these two as a Batman/Joker or Superman/Lex Luthor type rivalry and it doesn't work when the hero is useless and can't even fight back.

• 1 month later...