Heroes - SPOILERS!

Peter had already absorbed Claire's power before the incident with Sylar, so maybe he can only absorb one at a time.

And I thought this was one of the best episodes yet. Sure, the lack of Hiro stunk, but the story moved forward, mysteries were solved, more characters crossed paths and several cliffhangers were left.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter had already absorbed Claire's power before the incident with Sylar, so maybe he can only absorb one at a time.

And I thought this was one of the best episodes yet. Sure, the lack of Hiro stunk, but the story moved forward, mysteries were solved, more characters crossed paths and several cliffhangers were left.

Lack of Nakamura-san aside I loved the last episode, and I thought it was the best so far.

Before? Whah?

Before? Whah?

Peter met Claire in the hallway before the shit with Sylar hit the fan.

I think Peter can use powers again after he used them once. He said that he has to be close to someone to use their powers, but Claire was all the way over at the football field when he put his leg back together and the police showed up.

I don't think Peter fully understands his powers, and thinks he needs to be near someone during usage. Peter fixing his leg long after Claire fled indicates, to me at least, that he retains powers for a little while after the other "hero" has left his side. My guess is that, after time (like Rogue), the mimicked powers fade away.

Before? Whah?

Peter met Claire in the hallway before the shit with Sylar hit the fan.

I think Peter can use powers again after he used them once. He said that he has to be close to someone to use their powers, but Claire was all the way over at the football field when he put his leg back together and the police showed up.

I don't think Peter fully understands his powers, and thinks he needs to be near someone during usage. Peter fixing his leg long after Claire fled indicates, to me at least, that he retains powers for a little while after the other "hero" has left his side. My guess is that, after time (like Rogue), the mimicked powers fade away.

Ah. I get what you're saying. Did he really absorb them? Or would he default to necessity? I just thought he was a coward. I'd have been telekinetically throwing locker doors right back at the mofo.

First you have to consider that Peter doesn't always know what power he's absorbed. Until he fell and survived, he had no idea Claire's power would save his life. Second is that he doesn't know how to control them. Even around Nathan, Peter can barely fly. Being around Sylar would give Peter TK powers, but not the knowhow when it comes to throwing lockers and lifting people in the air. Third is that we don't know how many powers he can absorb / mimic at once. I personally believe it to be one, though it could change as he grows stronger. Since he already had Claire's healing factor, Peter couldn't mimic Sylar's TK until Claire faded from his system.

First you have to consider that Peter doesn't always know what power he's absorbed. Until he fell and survived, he had no idea Claire's power would save his life. Second is that he doesn't know how to control them. Even around Nathan, Peter can barely fly. Being around Sylar would give Peter TK powers, but not the knowhow when it comes to throwing lockers and lifting people in the air. Third is that we don't know how many powers he can absorb / mimic at once. I personally believe it to be one, though it could change as he grows stronger. Since he already had Claire's healing factor, Peter couldn't mimic Sylar's TK until Claire faded from his system.

I actually think he did have Sylar's Tk without realizing it. Didn't it seem strange that Sylar was throwing lockers at him and none hit peter?

I actually think he did have Sylar's Tk without realizing it. Didn't it seem strange that Sylar was throwing lockers at him and none hit peter?

Thanks. Question answered. :yes:

Now the only thing I;m really worried about is Hiro's time travel. It's evident that he changed the time stream since no one knew who Hiro was when he first went to the dinner and afterwardthe lady at the counter knew who he was so why didn't he save the girl?

Too busy growing a goatee and buying a sword? :huh:

Now the only thing I;m really worried about is Hiro's time travel. It's evident that he changed the time stream since no one knew who Hiro was when he first went to the dinner and afterwardthe lady at the counter knew who he was so why didn't he save the girl?

Too busy growing a goatee and buying a sword? :huh:

Of course ya know he could still time travel? I'm just worried how they will cover this if it's anything but her saying something along the lines of 'What's done is done don't change things on my account'(Well hopefully the writers come up with something better then that drivel) I will be very upset. They've already set the precendent that things can be changed (ie Iaasic's paintings of the future the one where Claire had been killed was changed thanks to Peter's actions, and the fact that Ando and Hiro were in the paintings but didn't go) so if they give some bs that what's happened can't be changed because it's all ready happened i'll be quite pissed. Well we will see on Monday!!!

It is entirely possible Peter didn't save the right cheerleader, forcing Hiro and Ando to go back in time to fix things. Or Hiro and Ando may still visit the high school (they're in Texas, after all) in the episode after next (since the next one takes place six months ago).

It is entirely possible Peter didn't save the right cheerleader, forcing Hiro and Ando to go back in time to fix things. Or Hiro and Ando may still visit the high school (they're in Texas, after all) in the episode after next (since the next one takes place six months ago).

I agree to an extent, just a little worried but we will see!

What did you guys think of this week's episode? I thought it was awesome the way they went into the past for everyone, and not just Hiro. I'm guessing Sylar can take other people's powers when he fixes(kills/possibly eats) their brain. So are we to assume that Clair's dad has a power since the girl's power didn't work on him, or was it because the Hatian guy was in the room?

What did you guys think of this week's episode? I thought it was awesome the way they went into the past for everyone, and not just Hiro. I'm guessing Sylar can take other people's powers when he fixes(kills/possibly eats) their brain. So are we to assume that Clair's dad has a power since the girl's power didn't work on him, or was it because the Hatian guy was in the room?

It's the Haitian remember in the bar when he first took Matt, Matt couldn't read his mind. My guess is that the Haitian can negate powers. He is imposing to, I'd be a little freaked out if I saw him standing in the street. The only important thing we see with this ep is Sylar. Now we know why he takes peoples brains and that he can get other people's powers. He's killed nine people so he's got some powers we haven't seen yet. Does anyone remember if the book that Hiro gave the dinner chick is the same one she had when they first met? If it's a different one then i'm cool with how they handled Hiro's time travel.

Is anybody else thinking that Peter and Sylar are the opposites of each other, both can copy powers and both have a hard on for being special.

They both had lives that they felt were unfufilled and both believed they were destined for something more.

I bet that as the series goes on Peter will learn to control or retain other heroes powers.

Is anybody else thinking that Peter and Sylar are the opposites of each other, both can copy powers and both have a hard on for being special.

They both had lives that they felt were unfufilled and both believed they were destined for something more.

I bet that as the series goes on Peter will learn to control or retain other heroes powers.

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing. They even look alike!

It is now safe to say that Sylar can learn at an incredible speed, heal at an incredible speed and control the future as well as telekinesis.

How do you stop him?

Hiro.

I'm a little confused about Sylar's healing at this point. At first I thought he could because he was shot. Then he might have protected himself with TK Cable-style. Then he fell and stayed down. Then he was gone.

Can he heal real fast? or is he just protecting himself from getting hurt in the first place? If he can heal, why target the Claire?

I thought this episode was great. I'm enjoying that it has mysteries but absolutely no problem giving the answers to the questions away. It doesn't feel the need to hide everything and leak info slowly. If you haven't gotten the answers yet, they just haven't had time for that storyline this ep...

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing. They even look alike!

It is now safe to say that Sylar can learn at an incredible speed, heal at an incredible speed and control the future as well as telekinesis.

How do you stop him?

Hiro.

Um how can he he control the future? Since it hasn't been stated yet i'm thinking he protected himself from the fall with his TK, because if he can heal fast he wouldn't have been stumbling when Eden and the Haitian caught him.

It's the Haitian remember in the bar when he first took Matt, Matt couldn't read his mind. My guess is that the Haitian can negate powers. He is imposing to, I'd be a little freaked out if I saw him standing in the street. The only important thing we see with this ep is Sylar. Now we know why he takes peoples brains and that he can get other people's powers. He's killed nine people so he's got some powers we haven't seen yet. Does anyone remember if the book that Hiro gave the dinner chick is the same one she had when they first met? If it's a different one then i'm cool with how they handled Hiro's time travel.

The Hatian cannot negate powers because Peter's brother flew when he was running from him, and he was standing right next to him.

the Haitian has some kind of telepathy. Remember that he can mind-wipe, like with the rapist. I assumed he has some kind of "close-combat" telepathy since he seems to need physical contact to use it, which explains nathan's flight away. though with eden there was no physical contact for their resisting.