Heroes - SPOILERS!

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's selfish of her to seek a cure that will save countless lives?

From this point forward, it wouldn't surprise me if they strap their wrists together.

A cure that may or may not exist? You know how she could save countless lives? By not putting them at risk to begin with. How many people were on that truck? Ten? How many 'accidental' deaths are acceptable? She drew the short straw at powers, that sucks, but when will enough be enough? At what point should she be accountable for her actions? If there is a chance that you could accidently kill people would you head to a densely populated city where there might be a cure?

She has two choices when it comes to isolation:

01. Suicide, which would be a major sin considering she's most likely Catholic.

02. Or she could find a cave to live in for the rest of her life, which would be short considering I doubt she has wilderness survival skills. So that would be a passive suicide (RE: sin).

And even if she hides, there's a good chance someone will find her. Is she then responsible for their deaths, too?

Getting back to her religion, think of her as Rahne Sinclair / Wolfsbane: a Catholic mutant who sees her powers as a slight against God. My guess is that we'll see this explored with Maya. Killing herself would be a sin, but living with her powers is also a sin. So the only thing she can do is seek out a doctor.

You really can't expect her to stay away from everyone for the rest of her life. As long as she's with her brother, she's fine. It's not her fault those guys tried to rape her and kicked her brother off the truck. I don't see how you can blame her for that. All those deaths are the fault of the driver and his partner, and nobody else's. From now on she is going to have to be a lot more careful, but she still wants to get to the cure. Whether it exists or not doesn't matter.

What did you guys make of the part with Nathan seeing the burned face in the mirror?

untitledlj4.jpg

It's obviously Peter, and it looks like he's even wearing the necklace mentioned earlier.

You really can't expect her to stay away from everyone for the rest of her life. As long as she's with her brother, she's fine. It's not her fault those guys tried to rape her and kicked her brother off the truck. I don't see how you can blame her for that. All those deaths are the fault of the driver and his partner, and nobody else's. From now on she is going to have to be a lot more careful, but she still wants to get to the cure. Whether it exists or not doesn't matter.

What did you guys make of the part with Nathan seeing the burned face in the mirror?

It's obviously Peter, and it looks like he's even wearing the necklace mentioned earlier.

It's not the drivers fault, I mean he is a scumbag, but he had no idea that leaving her brother behind would cause all the deaths. They didn't even say anything to him. They both knew what was going to happen but they didn't warn them. Would they have listen to her? No probably not, but even on the romote chance that they would is better than them staying quiet. Honestly this is one situation that suicide would be for the greater good. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. What happens if she's seperated from her brother again? Would you still defend her position?The worst part is that are going to get a cure that Suresh might have. Their not sure if he has it. To risk the lives of innocent people on an a belief is selfish. How many lives are worth it? This is going to sound bad but is her life more important then ten lives?

What did you guys make of the part with Nathan seeing the burned face in the mirror? It's obviously Peter, and it looks like he's even wearing the necklace mentioned earlier.

He's struggling with crazy amounts of grief after killing his brother (he doesn't know Peter's still alive). I just took it as an extension of that.

I thought this episode was all right. Hiro's story is still far and away the most interesting to me, and I'm getting really bored with Claire. My big hang-up is that they already have so many strong characters that they don't need to be introducing more. They had a tough time keeping tabs on everybody last season, this year's going to feel like a fifteen-ring circus.

The battle was in early November 2006. This episode is four months after that, so they're in late February / early March 2007 -- the start of the second semester. If you recall, Claire told her dad that she missed out on all the good classes because they were chosen by everyone else at the end of the previous semester.

What did you guys make of the part with Nathan seeing the burned face in the mirror? It's obviously Peter, and it looks like he's even wearing the necklace mentioned earlier.

He's struggling with crazy amounts of grief after killing his brother (he doesn't know Peter's still alive). I just took it as an extension of that.

I thought this episode was all right. Hiro's story is still far and away the most interesting to me, and I'm getting really bored with Claire. My big hang-up is that they already have so many strong characters that they don't need to be introducing more. They had a tough time keeping tabs on everybody last season, this year's going to feel like a fifteen-ring circus.

Eh probably not. Iassic and Ted had alot of screen time and both are gone which opens up room for more. I'm really curious to know what happened with the election. Nathan won thanks to Micah rigging the election. Did he just give it up, or is does the general population think he's dead?

I get the feeling there is going to be a flashback episode that fills in the gaps between seasons. I had the same questions about Nathan and the election. Not to mention how Matt ended up as the girl's guardian. He seems like an odd person to give a kid to seeing as how he was getting divorced, and was shot and out of a job at the time.

My brother, who is also a fan of the show told me that Takezo Kensei is immortal, and is the big villain of this season. It makes sense when you think about it. He was described as an "ageless American with an European feel" by NBC. I forgot to ask him where he heard that though.

Where I think that storyline is going is I believe Hiro will take up the name Takezo Kensei and do all the great things attributed to him, thus protecting the legend, and keeping history intact at the same time.

The Irish accents are terrible, but Peter's story is the best thing on the show not named Hiro.

In case anyone cares one of the Irish guys is Dominic Keating from Enterprise(He plays Malcolm the tactical officer) He hasn't had a line yet. Also I am convinced that only one twin has a power. I think she has the power to cause the disease, and she just thinks that her brother can stop it(If his power was just to cancel out her power he wouldn't have to hold her hands and sing to her. As soon as he was close enough it should have cancelled it out. It seems like he just calms her down enough to where she can control it. If you notice at one point his eyes turn black which is one of the symptoms of the disease)

No THAT was an episode.

I think Peter was right on par with Hiro there.

I loved the disarming thing. I was actually a little disappointed with Kenzei's return to battle and then he got filled with arrows and I was all like "GO HIRO!" but then, of course, he has healing powers too. I thought that was dumb. I don't like that guy in the slightest.

But Hiro's battle and Petrelli's bar ass-kickery made that one of my fave episodes to date. Still not knocking my socks off though.

I gasped when the Haitian first appeared, and then laughed with glee when he found his way to the copy shop!

And I don't think he cancels Maya's power; he seems to absorb it, hence his eyes.

Yeah Bennett has a nice little group. The Haitian, Parkman, Mohinder and the little girl he's setup pretty well. I'm interested to see where it goes from there. Yea there's something funky with the twins, it's definitely not cut and dry.

Something just dawned on me: why was Claire so eager to see if she could regrow appendages? I mean, didn't she regenerate her fingers / hand in the very first episode of Heroes?

No they were still there just mangled. She's got a crazy threshold for pain though. Just because you can heal dosen't mean you should stick your hand in boiling water if you don't have to. Plus why risk cutting off a toe if your not sure it will grow back? Just seems dumb...

Hmm. I could have sworn at least one finger was missing. Either way, you're right: regeneration powers do not make one immune to pain. Wolverine feels every cut and bullet wound.

Exactly, if I had her powers I would be more prone to put myself at risk for getting hurt, but I sure as hell wouldn't be cutting myself for the hell of it. I'm not a big fan of pain...