Anime Cliches (newly added, cliches 76-100)

RSS

Great stuff as usual. No much more can be said, but it it's amusing as hell. My faorite one...

94. America Sucks: All Americans in animes are loud, stupid, brutish, unrefined, violent, smelly and generally just unpleasant. They are also completely expendable in any large-scale battle.

Yesh!

It's funny. That was the very last one I thought of when I was completing the article. (I wound up shuffling them around a bit when proofreading it.) And when I thought of it, I was like, "How the FUCK did I forget this up until now???"

86. The Law of Obsolete Power: No matter how strong a given character gets, there is always another level of power beyond that which the character has currently attained. And once they achieve this insane power level, it will become useless after roughly four episodes. Thus, the Möbius strip of pointless powering-up continues

Dragonball Z in a nutshell.

Very funny.

11. The Center of the Universe Principle: Everything that is worth your attention takes place in Tokyo. If there is action that takes place elsewhere, it means that a character is going to be a foreign exchange student in the United States.

This makes me laugh because it makes sense doesn't it? All US movies are based in the US, British movies based in England, Bollywood in India, so why wouldn't Anime be based in Japan? Or is that the point of a cliche? :)

11. The Center of the Universe Principle: Everything that is worth your attention takes place in Tokyo. If there is action that takes place elsewhere, it means that a character is going to be a foreign exchange student in the United States.

This makes me laugh because it makes sense doesn't it? All US movies are based in the US, British movies based in England, Bollywood in India, so why wouldn't Anime be based in Japan? Or is that the point of a cliche? :)

Well, you have to figure that, obviously. But in anime, everything is Tokyo or Neo Tokyo. Rarely ever is it Nagasaki, or Osaka, or Hokkaido, or whatever. (If by some whim of God it turns out to be Osaka, then it will be about characters from there who speak in horrible Southern U.S.A. dialects. :doh: )