Everything Marvel

JackFetch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Marvel has revealed the new trailer for Marvel Knights Animation's Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers, a four-episode series debuting on iTunes, Xbox LIVE, and PlayStation Network on Monday, March 28. Further episodes debut weekly on Wednesdays beginning April 6, with each high-definition episode priced at $2.99 (standard definition is also available at $1.99/episode).

Inspired by the acclaimed graphic novel from Robert Rodi and Esad Ribic, Thor & Loki: Blood Brothers takes a powerful look inside the minds of Thor & Loki, brothers in the mythical land of Asgard and seemingly forever enemies. But just why does Loki hate his brother Thor? And could it be that this master of mischief isn’t really the villain he’s been branded? Loki's insatiable lust for power and his feud with Thor take on new meaning in this resonant epic.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/128572-the-trailer-for-thor-a-loki-blood-brothers

Trailer is at the link. It's seems more than a motion comic, but not quite a cartoon.

• 2 weeks later...
Is this the curse of the Spider-Woman?

T.V. Carpio stepped in to replace another actress injured in Broadway's troubled "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark." She has now herself been sidelined after an accident.

Producers of the $65 million musical said Tuesday that Carpio was hurt last week during an onstage battle scene. She plays an evil spider woman called Arachne and will be out of the show for the next two weeks.

Carpio was elevated from a smaller role when her predecessor, Natalie Mendoza, pulled out. She suffered a concussion in December when her head was hit offstage by rope.

The show is the most expensive in Broadway history. It's being reworked after director Julie Taymor was fired. Its opening has been delayed and several actors have been injured.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/22/another-injury-rocks-spid_n_839282.html

• 1 month later...

Marvel's releasing a significant amount of shows onto Netflix

Highlights for tomorrow:

Spiderman Unlimited

Most of the Marvel Knights entires

In the summer:

'90s X-Men

X-Men Evolution

Most of the Spiderman shows

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

In the fall:

Most of the 60s animated shows

Please note: as ever, I don't know if this applies to international Netflix.

I went to Southlake Town Center today. (Southlake, TX is a very small but extremely affluent suburb, home to a lot of famous sports stars, musicians, and other minor celebrities.) So as I'm walking along, I see this line of black Acuras parked near the movie theater:

227610_10150289999247388_689072387_9500430_2679044_n.jpg

I take note of the subtly-emblazoned logo on the side of two of them, then think to myself "wait... that can't be..."

And it was.

224108_10150289999162388_689072387_9500429_1717653_n.jpg

227882_10150289999327388_689072387_9500431_388603_n.jpg

When another identical car pulled up behind them, I asked the driver what it was about. He said the cars were there for the new movie coming out at midnight tonight.

Very cool.

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda cool. I'd be down for a Luke Cage film, but what they should really go for is Heroes for Hire. Nobody has really tried the two man buddy comedy superhero film, and I think with the right people in the role it could be awesome.

Not a full on Ben Stiller comedy, more like Die Hard with a Vengeance sort of thing. With powers.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Inhumans I can take or leave, I don't see them as a successful franchise. Guardians of the Galaxy could be fun, throw in Nova and Captain Marvel and you'd have an interesting cosmic arm to Marvel's movie division. What they Guardians has over the inhumans is the buddy-team angle with a lot of humour. Rocket Raccon and Cosmo would be the only cgi talking animals I'd ever actually want to see in a film.

Guardians of the Galaxy could be fun, throw in Nova and Captain Marvel and you'd have an interesting cosmic arm to Marvel's movie division. What they Guardians has over the inhumans is the buddy-team angle with a lot of humour. Rocket Raccon and Cosmo would be the only cgi talking animals I'd ever actually want to see in a film.

Don't forget GROOT!