JackFetch

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Season 3 got announced at San Diego last year but there hasn't been anything said about Season 4. It makes fiscal sense to push Guardians for Disney and Marvel as opposed to another Spider-man cartoon considering they have won't make as much money promoting a Spider-man movie (hence why Ultimate Spider-man is a team-up series instead of just a straight Spider-man series). That said, if Guardians bombs, the upcoming series will probably get scratched.

Season 3 got announced at San Diego last year but there hasn't been anything said about Season 4.

Current wisdom regarding animated series is that two or three seasons is ideal. Any more than that and the kids who buy the toys and merchandise have outgrown the show. That's not me being snarky, that's actually the case. Very little makes it past season two these days, and virtually nothing makes it past three.

It's cool to see them have confidence that it won't be another Lone Ranger. I'm just wondering how explicit the links with the Avengers are going to be in the marketing.

Lone Ranger had the problem of being everyone's grandparent's or great grandparent's thing. Also, westerns are pretty much dead. Most of the world is starting fresh with GOTG, and let's face it a talking raccoon that shoots guns is better than Johnny Depp with a dead bird on his head any day. Marvel hasn't had a stinker yet either(in the theater anyways, I'm looking at you S.H.I.E.L.D.).

Them making a cartoon would be proof enough to me that they know how good the movie is. I would expect a huge toy lineup with it also.

So exactly like Green Lantern, then.

WB has no idea what they are doing. Marvel does. They are taking a property that nobody knows except hardcore fans, and turning them into an A list team. WB can't even make a Green Arrow show and call it Green Arrow, or anything on the big screen that doesn't have Superman or Batman and make it good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hotshot surgeon has it all and loses the use of his hands in a devastating car crash. He decides to travel the world to find new meaning in life and make amends for the man he had become. Sounds perfect for someone of Hamm's stoic but ready-to-collapse-under-the-surface oeuvre. Give him a beard and some greying temples and he'd be perfect.