Everything Marvel

JackFetch

I'm trying out the new "Avengers Assemble" cartoon, since it's been added to Netflix. It's not bad, but one thing is totally drawing me out, Hawkeye is Troy Baker, totally using his Saint's Row Boss voice.

Not that it doesn't fit the character, I just associate that voice with a much more psychotic puckish rogue.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

BEGIN WILD SPECULATION!!! Guessing Avengers 3 for either July 6th, 2018 or, more likely, May 3rd, 2019. I would argue that one will be a Thor sequel, one a Guardians sequel if it's successful enough, and, for wild guess, a Captain Marvel film with a female lead, maybe spinning out of Guardians 2.

Considering how intricate the ongoing storyline of the MCU is, Marvel kinda needs to plan things out in advance like this, if only so that they guarantee the story flows properly. The way they had Agents of SHIELD and Captain America 2's storylines happening almost in real time with one another was kind of amazing when you think about it.

Sony is in desperate need of happy investors at the moment; they need to have as many solid release dates for billion-dollar movies as they can get.

Kevin Feige talked about the future of the Marvel cinematic universe. Here are some highlights:

They are planning for 3 years between Avengers 2 and 3.

He confirmed that the Netflix shows are in the same universe as the movies.

He said everyone is locked up contractually through Avengers 3.

If GOTG is a hit, it means we will get more cosmic characters introduced.

In a separate announcement Marvel confirmed Guardians of the Galaxy 2 for July 28, 2017.

In unrelated news, remember when studios wouldn't plan movies any further out than a couple of years?

Marvel changed the way studios work by doing something different and making a pile of cash with it.

Fox did the same with the original Spider-man trilogy and the X-Men films - X-Men: The Last Stand particularly suffered by the deadline, hence Brett Ratner being drafted in to fill a hole once Matthew Vaughann dropped out.

It's not a perfect system, and arguably Marvel Studios has been just as hampered by it (Exhibit A: Iron Man 2), but their system has other things working in its favour.

As for release dates, I think that they excite Hollywood folk/wannabe insiders far more than they do filmgoers. It's a commercial decision made by studios, so it really doesn't say much in the grand scheme of things.

• 2 weeks later...