Everything Marvel

JackFetch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't like either of them for Carol lookswise. Dormer has a weird look to me. Elfish? Maybe. She has a smile that says "I've pooped somewhere in your house that's not the toilet and I'm not telling you where."

I've also never seen Vikings.

Blunt is the shit. I'm for her.

Edit: Chris, pay attention to these lotto numbers: 6, 6, 6, 666, 69, Pi

I suppose it's a moot point since they have years, but I'm kinda wondering how they plan to do Civil War in a universe with like....12 superpowered beings that all have public identities.

Kevin Feige answered that this week at the Marvel event. Basically the movie version of Civil War will be less focused on superheroes and their identities, and more on people who have power in general (so basically the Avengers). Tony wants to keep dangerous individuals under control; Cap disagrees. So it's the same story, basically, just framed differently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's a slightly skewed version of the report. Here's the source article.

The basic notes are:
-Marvel wanted Spider-Man to be in Civil War
-Separately, there was an idea for a trilogy of Spider-Man movies produced by Marvel but with Sony retaining "creative control, marketing and distribution."

-At some point talks broke down, but there's no evidence as to who said no to what.
-As the article puts it, "As of late November [after the cross-studio talks broke down], executives were planning a 'Spidey summit' for January to discuss future plans."

The idea that Marvel would let Sony retain creative control while still allowing Spider-Man to be part of the MCU is kinda bonkers, but then Sony kinda seems not to know what they're doing, since they announced a huge slate of Spidey movies and are now planning to have a planning meeting to redo that whole slate.

I think Sony knows they can't make the kind of money with Spider-Man they used to anymore by making movies, but don't want to lose the license. Marvel can make money with anything, so "hey lets let them make it and we'll still make all the money". The problem with that is that Marvel is notorious for playing hardball.