JackFetch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DCAUFan1051

there's nothing wrong with me.... while I liked the acting in Hulk (2003) all it reminded me off when he was in the desert was Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with a giant Green guy. And Warzone welll.... I was against it from the beginning, regardless of how poorly the 2004 Punisher might have been I liked it.... And the Incredible Hulk, ummm while it was good I dunno I just can't see Norton as Banner. That's just me though :D

all it reminded me off when he was in the desert was Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with a giant Green guy.

C'mon! That's bullshit. You are only saying that because Ang Lee was the director. I could say that Iron Man was Swingers in a big metal suit and have the same credibility. That desert sequence was possibly the best superhero moment in all of filmdom and looked nothing like CTHD.

all it reminded me off when he was in the desert was Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon with a giant Green guy.

C'mon! That's bullshit. You are only saying that because Ang Lee was the director. I could say that Iron Man was Swingers in a big metal suit and have the same credibility. That desert sequence was possibly the best superhero moment in all of filmdom and looked nothing like CTHD.

To be fair, The Dark Knight was pretty much Memento, with a clown.

Also, back tracking slightly, but if you want a good Fantastic Four movie, go watch The Incredibles. That's as close as we'll ever get.

Yip.

Incredibles is an awesome movie and unlike fantastic four can hold your attention for 90 minutes.

FF couldn't keep me entertained for 90 seconds.

(Note, I have never read the FF comic and barely remember the cartoon, so my view is based on the film and the film alone.)

That's cute. But it's wrong.

There are similarities in tone but that's about it.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Also, back tracking slightly, but if you want a good Fantastic Four movie, go watch The Incredibles. That's as close as we'll ever get.

Yip.

Incredibles is an awesome movie and unlike fantastic four can hold your attention for 90 minutes.

FF couldn't keep me entertained for 90 seconds.

(Note, I have never read the FF comic and barely remember the cartoon, so my view is based on the film and the film alone.)

I'm not gonna say this again because everyone knows by now, but my main Marvel exposure has been the cartoons..... so in comparing the FF cartoon to the movies... the movies win in my opinion. I really enjoyed the FF movies As far as The Incredibles well..........THAT MOVIE is the best thing Pixar has done this century! (just my opinion though.... do we have a Pixar Thread? that'd be cool to discuss Everything Pixar)

And Des partly I'm saying the Hulk (2003) is CTHD superheroed up beacuse Lee Directed it, but also from when I saw CTHD it's the same damn style with Hulk jumping around in the desert. I don't loathe the 2003 version I actually enjoyed it more then the 2008 reboot, but the fact remains that it still has flaws.

Saying that the 2003 Hulk film was good because it was beautifully shot could also be applied to Superman Returns. Both films have great dramatic visuals (though SR is definitely of a higher visual quality), and are boring as hell.

I say that the Ang Lee film wasn't as good as the 2008 film because the narrative simply did not fit the subject matter. When you've got a giant green monkey-man bounding across the desert, there's really no way to make it a character-based human drama. It NEEDS to be an action movie. (also, I found the non-hulk Bruce Banner scenes in the 2008 film interesting, as they actually show him being the genius he is)

A similar problem happened with the FF films in that they were turned from superhero stories into celebrity comedies. Also, Doom's motivation was destroying the nerdy protagonist because he (sort of) stole a girl that was never really Doom's in the first place. (what?)

Saying that the 2003 Hulk film was good because it was beautifully shot could also be applied to Superman Returns. Both films have great dramatic visuals (though SR is definitely of a higher visual quality), and are boring as hell.

I actually like Superman Returns for its visuals. The plane catch is phenominal.

I need to list those segments I do..... In short, though, Hulk is actually a good film, but there's barely any action and what there is, isn't very good. Punisher: War Zone is a gorier Batman 1989, FF is mediocre, Superman Returns is the definition of disappointing and Iron Man/The Dark Knight are both awesome. Oh, and I didn't see Norton as Banner either.

That's cute. But it's wrong.

There are similarities in tone but that's about it.

I was pointing out how stupid comparing everything a director has done was. It was a joke, bru.

Mike who d'you see Banner as?

I dunno, but not Norton....... all I think of when I see him is the Worm character from Rounders

You see everyone as their first part, or at least your first exposure to them. Ever since Fight Club, I've been convinced that Norton would be a great Banner, and he was. You need to set aside your predispositions and watch the movie in front of you.

It's not just beautifully shot, it's beautifully composed, filmically. It works as a film. Superman Returns looks pretty but doesn't work.

I vastly prefer SR to Hulk, personally. At the very least, SR "felt" like its source material, whereas Hulk felt like an Ang Lee drama with some bad green monkey CG thrown in.

• 2 weeks later...
Marvel Entertainment is readying to assemble a group of writers who will pen scripts for various properties Marvel wants to develop, reports Variety.

Marvel will invite up to five writers each year to work on specific projects. Those could include staffers behind Marvel's comic books.

The trade adds that the company will provide the specific pitches it wants the writers to tackle. Those could involve certain plot points for movies already in development or characters it would like to see in its future film slate.

The gathering of screenwriters will help Marvel come up with creative ways to launch its lesser-known properties, such as Black Panther, Cable, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Nighthawk and Vision.

So far, it has focused its efforts on more popular superheroes like Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America.

A group of Marvel executives will choose the writers, with the final decision made by Kevin Feige, Marvel Studio's president of production.

Terms call for Marvel to own whatever the writers work on during the year. Company has the option to continue a relationship with the writers after that period.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=8192

Cable would be a good film. They'd have to big it a decent budget and as a result they'd probably put a lot of effort into making it decent. I'm not a huge Cable fan but his adventures would be very cinematic. Plus they could bring in a complete badass to be Apocalypse. Maybe even tie in with Deadpool and the rest of the X-men/Wolverine universe.