Everything Marvel

JackFetch

I'm listening to Episode 32 of WFP, and @James D. and @The Master are discussing DVD sets for the 90's Marvel cartoons and how the obstacles to releasing seem insurmountable.

With Disney Plus it has all worked out well. I've got a big backlog of TV shows to watch. Plus Netflix and so forth, so I'm basically never going to catch up. It's a good problem to have.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It honestly just hit the right combination of things. At that point, Disney was still a year off from buying Marvel. A handful of different studios owned stuff (conincidentally, Disney had some distribution rights to a few of those at the time). That said, looking at the larger catalog, there's still some stuff we're unlikely to see on Disney+ anytime soon namely the 67 Fantastic Four series (Hanna-Barbera still owns that), The Spectacular Spider-Man (Sony produced it), or The Marvel Super Hero Show (because the animation on those is ROUGH and who even has nostalgia for them?).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bringing Kang into Ant-Man 3 risks making him the butt of jokes, thus kneecapping him before he can get out of the gate, but I trust they can pull it off.

My hope is that he somehow rids The Avengers of the ability to time travel. So that from now on their actions have consequences that cannot be undone with a trip through time.

If anything, Kang will just have a minor cameo a la Thanos in The Avengers. Making him the (or a) main villain in an Ant-Man movie seems too small a role for him.

• 1 month later...

Oh my God, I've fully known about Slott's buffoonish procrastination habits for several years. Shit was legendary during his ASM run. Christos Gage is a better writer than he is, and he filled in every three or four issues it seemed. Slott literally had to have his Twitter password changed by the Marvel editors because he was so distracted. So a lot of this is me going "Yup, that's totes true."

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 12:07 AM, Delete said:

Reveal hidden contents

And now thanks to the Dr Strange spell in No Way Home Venom has entered the MCU.

Wow. That is awesome.

Honestly, the best use of Carnage is in an R rated horror movie. I said this before, but Harry Connick Jr. would have been perfect as Carnage. I was thinking he would be too old for the role, but he is 6 years younger than Woody Harrelson.

• 1 year later...

I'm putting the whole thing in a spoiler tag. I don't think my post spoils anything but better safe than sorry.

Spoiler

This would explain how Rhodey healed so quickly from the catastrophic back injury he sustained in Civil War.

https://www.ign.com/articles/secret-invasion-big-reveal-marvel-fans-freaking-out

I still can't believe Marvel spoiled War Machine's return in the TRAILER for Infinity War.

Such disrespect for the character!

I've been a Rhodey fan since he was Iron Man in the 1980's. He was the one wearing the armor on Battleworld in the Secret Wars storyline.

• 3 months later...

My guess is by the end of Secret Wars, we'll see Chris Evans' Captain America (maybe even his Human Torch too), Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man, Jackman's Wolverine, and Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man as members of the Multiversal Avengers. It all kind of makes sense. Of course, Hemsworth and Ant-Man/Wasp, a Marvel or two, maybe Michael B. Jordan as a different universe's Black Panther and some representative of GOTG will also probably be represented. I mean, if you're gonna do the thing, DO THE THING. Right?