Avengers movie

JackFetch

But Banner is a character defined by emotion than he is his intelligence. He's an atomic age Jeckyll and Hyde. It's the anger and suppressed rage that drives the entire idea behind the character. He's more than just some smart guy.

That's only part of it. Sure, he's got plenty of emotion, but that shouldn't cause the entire film to be reduced to, essentially, melodrama, where all of the characters' decisions revolve around their emotions and little else. That's just too far.

Also, that desert sequence is still the best thing a comic book movie has ever done in my opinion.

It was great, sure, but... the best thing? Really? Better than Spider-Man 2's train sequence? Better than The Dark Knight's car/bike chase? Better than... well, ANY of Christopher Reeve's lines in Superman I and II?

Anyway, this is getting away from the actual topic.

I still would like Norton in the Avengers, but I wonder if perhaps they're recasting him because they want Banner to be portrayed a little differently than in IH?

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me that anyone can stand up for Ang Lee's epic dump of a movie, but as was said we're getting away from the point.

I'd love to have Norton back, as I thought he did a great job. But I love his response - shows that he really is a classy guy who just takes acting really, really seriously.

It amazes me that someone would rather have a big dumb movie over an intelligent and competently made film. To each their own I guess.

Exactly. Where you see "intelligent and competently made," I see ludicrous, emotionless and completely disrespectful of the source material. To each their own.

You know, I'm getting tired of cleaning up after mass suicides. Just saying. Also, both movies had their high points and low points and either is worth watching in my opinion. That said, I'll probably throw in Spider-Man or X2 if I want to watch a fun superhero game or The Dark Knight or Watchmen if I want to watch a deep film.

To encapsulate the past couple of pages:

Preston = definitely hates Eric Bana as a person

James = is less vocal than Preston, but shares similar sympathies

KnightWing = really wants everyone to know he hates Ang Lee's Hulk many times over

Prez = is massively assertive that no-one can/should like Ang Lee's Hulk

Dubs = is being cryptic to annoy Des, but has stated on these forums that Ang Lee's Hulk ruled

Des = Likes Ang Lee's Hulk without having seen Incredible Hulk

Ian = Likes Ang Lee's Hulk having seen (and rated 0.5 a grade better) Incredible Hulk

Will = the sensible middleman who hates mass suicides

Unless anyone feels misrepresented, I suggest we get this thread back on track and ask:

Mark Ruffalo as Hulk?

To encapsulate the past couple of pages:

Preston = definitely hates Eric Bana as a person

James = is less vocal than Preston, but shares similar sympathies

KnightWing = really wants everyone to know he hates Ang Lee's Hulk many times over

Prez = is massively assertive that no-one can/should like Ang Lee's Hulk

Dubs = is being cryptic to annoy Des, but has stated on these forums that Ang Lee's Hulk ruled

Des = Likes Ang Lee's Hulk without having seen Incredible Hulk

Ian = Likes Ang Lee's Hulk having seen (and rated 0.5 a grade better) Incredible Hulk

Will = the sensible middleman who hates mass suicides

Unless anyone feels misrepresented, I suggest we get this thread back on track and ask:

Mark Ruffalo as Hulk?

Thank you, Ian. I guess I was being a bit of a prick. Just because I hate it doesn't mean everyone should.

Ruffalo as Hulk is pretty meh to me.