Avengers movie

JackFetch

Hi Pumpkins, joss here.

Tomorrow we start shooting (I THINK I'm legally permitted to say that). Day one. That's right. We'll be shooting the pivotal death/betrayal/product placement/setting up the sequel/coming out scene, at the following address:

[Marvel Lawyers rush in, take Joss's keyboard, blowtorch a picture of his family like in "Stormy Monday", drink his milkshake, leave the seat up, fluff his pillows, violently unfluff his pillows, leave]

Went too far. My bad. Anyhoo, it should be a fun day, followed by the eighty thousand other fun days it will take to finish this. I'll be checking in from time to time, if there's news or I crave attention (i.e. am awake) . None of it will be Avengers news -- I have some very denty pillows to remind of that -- but I may have tidbits. (They're not about Firefly. I should say that up front, if only to protect Sis Mo from the HATORZ.)...

...So wish me luck. DO IT! LUCK! NOW! I'm off to finish some Buffy pages, and then figure out what the movie is about already. I'm pretty sure it's about the Justice League [Marvel Lawyers re-enter, unspeakability occurs] or possibly something else. I'll get it. I've been looking forward to this. For about 46 years.

Catchphrase!

-j.

I can't believe this is really happening. The Avengers starts shooting today.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captain America will be receiving an all-new costume for The Avengers, leading man Chris Evans has confirmed to MTV News.

The superhero ensemble has just started production in Albuquerque, where Evans says he donned the new suit for the first time as part of a screen test.

"Yeah, it's awesome," Evans smiled, "It's really cool. I was worried because I started to get really attached to the old one. I got to really start digging it. It's not that easy to move in, but I started really liking it."

The original, 1940's version of the suit will debut in theaters when Captain America: The First Avenger hits on July 22nd, but fans will have to wait until next summer to see The Avengers version on the big screen.

Arriving from writer/director Joss Whedon, the epic team-up is also set to star Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Clark Gregg, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Tom Hiddleston and Stellan Skarsgård and will see release on May 4th, 2012.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167125-the-avengers-to-feature-new-captain-america-costume

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Holy Moley. That looks pretty incredible. Plus if there's one this Whedon knows it's how to create a good group dynamic. Can't wait to see these guys interact.

The first salvo of the Dark Knight Rises vs Avengers hype war has happened. I think Avengers is winning so far.

To be entirely fair, there's no way in hell a second Batman Begins sequel is ever going to top a brand-new superhero team-up movie. TDKR might end up being a better movie, but Avengers is just an exciting concept. They could have an Avengers teaser where it shows nothing but a logo overlaid with Cap yelling "AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE!" and they'd win.

...damn, that would have been cool.