Bagley leaving Ultimate Spider-Man!

Missy

CSN @ NEWSARAMA: BAGLEY TO LEAVE ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN

by Cliff Biggers, Comic Shop News

With Ultimate Spider-Man #100 due any week now and the record-setting Ultimate Spider-Man #103 establishing Brian Bendis & Mark Bagley as the record-holding creative team at Marvel (having produced more consecutive issues of any superhero series in Marvel history, surpassing the 102-issue Stan Lee-Jack Kirby run on Fantastic Four), it appears that the end of an era is soon approaching. Mark Bagley has confirmed his plans to leave the series after Ultimate Spider-Man #110.

“I’ve had an incredible time with Ultimate Spider-Man,” Bagley told CSN, “but I don’t want to stagnate. Right now, Brian and I are doing some of the best work we’ve ever done on the comic, and I think it’s best for me to leave while we’re on the top of our game.”

While Bagley is moving on to other projects, Bendis will remain with Ultimate Spider-Man, although Marvel has not chosen an artist to take over the title. Of course, there are very few artists working in comics today who can match Bagley’s prodigious output; the artist has produced as many as eighteen issues per year and has still found time to do additional work for Marvel.

So what’s next for Bagley? “I’m not sure what I’ll be doing next,” he said. “I’m talking with Marvel, and they have several books they’re evaluating to see just where they feel I will fit best.” Once that decision is made, of course, you’ll hear about it in CSN!

• 2 months later...
CSN @ NEWSARAMA: BAGLEY TO LEAVE ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN

by Cliff Biggers, Comic Shop News

With Ultimate Spider-Man #100 due any week now and the record-setting Ultimate Spider-Man #103 establishing Brian Bendis & Mark Bagley as the record-holding creative team at Marvel (having produced more consecutive issues of any superhero series in Marvel history, surpassing the 102-issue Stan Lee-Jack Kirby run on Fantastic Four), it appears that the end of an era is soon approaching. Mark Bagley has confirmed his plans to leave the series after Ultimate Spider-Man #110.

“I’ve had an incredible time with Ultimate Spider-Man,” Bagley told CSN, “but I don’t want to stagnate. Right now, Brian and I are doing some of the best work we’ve ever done on the comic, and I think it’s best for me to leave while we’re on the top of our game.”

While Bagley is moving on to other projects, Bendis will remain with Ultimate Spider-Man, although Marvel has not chosen an artist to take over the title. Of course, there are very few artists working in comics today who can match Bagley’s prodigious output; the artist has produced as many as eighteen issues per year and has still found time to do additional work for Marvel.

So what’s next for Bagley? “I’m not sure what I’ll be doing next,” he said. “I’m talking with Marvel, and they have several books they’re evaluating to see just where they feel I will fit best.” Once that decision is made, of course, you’ll hear about it in CSN!

It looks like Stuart Immoen (I probably just butchered his name) is taking over for Bagley. I am quite sad. I didn't like Immoen (butchered it agan didn't I?) on Ultimate X-Men or Ultimate Fantastic Four, I certainly don't think I am going to like him on my favorite Ultimate comic.