Night Stalkers isn't happening

Missy

No More 'Blade' for Biel

Jessica Biel has reluctantly hung up her vampire hunting costume after learning plans for a spin-off to Blade: Trinity have fallen through. The actress teamed up with Wesley Snipes and Ryan Reynolds in the third Blade movie last year but insists she won't be coming back for more. She tells website JoBlo.com that the proposed Blade: Trinity spin-off movie, Night Stalkers, which she was slated to star in with Reynolds, won't be happening anytime soon. She says, "I think that's over with. Nothing ever came really with the Night Stalkers. I actually thought that, maybe we would do an adaptation of that, but I just don't think that Blade: Trinity did so well. It just didn't do as well as everyone would have hoped, so no one was interested in rethinking those characters. But I'm open to it; I'm open to other comic book adaptations or big action. I mean, I like action movies, I like doing action movies, I think they're fun."

No More 'Blade' for Biel

Jessica Biel has reluctantly hung up her vampire hunting costume after learning plans for a spin-off to Blade: Trinity have fallen through. The actress teamed up with Wesley Snipes and Ryan Reynolds in the third Blade movie last year but insists she won't be coming back for more. She tells website JoBlo.com that the proposed Blade: Trinity spin-off movie, Night Stalkers, which she was slated to star in with Reynolds, won't be happening anytime soon. She says, "I think that's over with. Nothing ever came really with the Night Stalkers. I actually thought that, maybe we would do an adaptation of that, but I just don't think that Blade: Trinity did so well. It just didn't do as well as everyone would have hoped, so no one was interested in rethinking those characters. But I'm open to it; I'm open to other comic book adaptations or big action. I mean, I like action movies, I like doing action movies, I think they're fun."

This pretyt much goes with what Ryan Reynolds had said shortly after Blade: Trinity was released. He said the Blade franchise was Snipes and he didn't think they would go in the direction of a Nightstalkers spin off. He also said that even if they did he wouldn't be a part of it. I wish I had the link to the interview it was quite telling that he wasn't happy with his experience on Blade: Trinity, which is a shame because he was outright hysterical in that film.

I really didn't like the Nightstalkers last time. It's not that I don't like the characters, its just that they didn't fit in with the blade franchise. Plus I didn't like that fact that a couple of 20-something humans could easily defeat the superhuman vampires without even breaking a sweat. The whole "I listen to my brand new IPOD whenever I battle vampires" soured the experience for me even more.