X-Men 3

MaxPower

New rumors state that Beast, Gambit and a female Angel will all join the cast.

Now before you all get up in arms about Angel being a girl, you should know that just recently there was a second X-Man using that codename who was indeed female. So this might be her and not a retooling of Warren.

You know full well that's exactly what it'll be.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New rumors state that Beast, Gambit and a female Angel will all join the cast.

Update: IGN Filmforce is reporting that Angel will be male and is a major part of the film. Also, Beast will have already made the transition to blue fur, and the roles of Gambit's and Cyclops will be limited.

No Sentinels. But maybe Trask.

March 22, 2005 - Variety has confirmed that Matthew Vaughn is the director of X-Men 3. The trade also says Hugh Jackman is locked to reprise his role as Wolverine, and Ian McKellen, Halle Berry and Patrick Stewart are all in talks to return as Magneto, Storm and Professor X, respectively.

Variety says most of the cast of the first two films are expected to return. Filming is still slated to begin in early summer for a May 26, 2006 release. The script is by Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg.

IGN FilmForce's secret X3 source advised us that Anna Paquin is signed to return as Rogue and that the Danger Room will finally be seen. Our insider reiterated that a male Angel will be in X3, along with Beast and Gambit. They also denied that the Sentinels will be in X3, as was reported yesterday at XMenFilms.net. Our source, however, refused to comment on the site's other claim that the film's villain will be Dr. Bolivar Trask.

Trask first appeared in 1965's X-Men #14. In the comics, Trask was the creator of the Sentinels (giant mutant-killing robots). Since our source says the Sentinels are not in X3, might Trask be altered for the film much as X2's William Stryker was from his comic book counterpart?

The Marvel Directory reminds us that anthropologist Trask "also demonstrated considerable talent in the areas of biophysics, cybernetics and robotics. When his young son, Lawrence, developed precognitive abilities, Trask embarked on a privately funded anthropological study of the rapidly increasing, worldwide emergence of genetically empowered individuals. He became convinced that these mutants, the first of a newly evolving race, would use their powers to dominate the world and enslave mankind. Trask eventually founded a small group of researchers, led by himself and his now-adult son, to compile evidence that mutants posed a threat to humanity.

"Drawing on his considerable fortune, Trask hired a large team of cyberneticists, roboticists and engineers to realize his designs for the ultimate solution to what he perceived as a global dilemma. ... Training a thought-reading probe on the ape-like X-Man called the Beast, Trask realized that not all mutants would inevitably use their powers to subjugate humanity. Finally grasping the magnitude of the evil he had wrought, the scientist sacrificed his life to destroy Master Mold."

-- Stax

From IGN.

The Danger Room should be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

If rumors are to be believed, X3 producers are looking to recast the role of Kitty Pryde once more. Katie Stuart, who played her very briefly in X2, is actually the second actress to play the part. For those who remember, it was Sumela Kay who played Kitty in the first X-Men movie.

• 2 weeks later...

James Marsden (Cyclops) has gone on record as saying that, due to scheduling conflicts between X3 and Superman Returns, he might not be able to return to the X-Men franchise. However, because they are doing the Dark Phoenix Saga, he really wants to be a part of it and would even film his scenes for free.

Now that's dedication!

Hmm... I don't know about that. Superman is much more iconic than all of the X-Men combined. It's just that the X-movies are more recent so they're in the public eye. Wait until Superman Returns hits theaters, and you'll see how Superman once again takes control of the comic book movie box office.

I really don't know about that either though. It is seen that a title can be ruined.

For example, I don't really know too many non-comic book readers that are excited about seeing Batman Begins, let alone think it's not going to suck horribly.

Where as X-Men 3, even were it bad, would still draw on it's name.

For example, I don't really know too many non-comic book readers that are excited about seeing Batman Begins, let alone think it's not going to suck horribly.

I don't read comics and I'm pumped for it.

Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut? Interesting, although I'd have thought the part lends itself more to a bodybuilder type.

Odd. They remember the people who played bit parts like Pyro and Iceman in the first film, but then forget about the guy who played McCoy in X-2. I guessed they switched some other castings too, though, so whatever. He'll be a good voice, though I think he's a little too old to play the human version.